Visiting Fukoka's farm in Japan

  • offeringx
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2005
      Hi All,

      I am planning a trip to Japan in May and want to visit Fukuoka's farm.
      Does anybody in this group know if visitors are still welcome in his
      farm?

      How do I go about requesting for a visit?

      Thanks,
      amrita .
    • aaron comsia
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2005
        --- offeringx <amrita@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Amrita,

        I had the honour of visiting Fukuoka's farm last
        spring. And unfortunately, visitors are not welcome
        without having a personal invitation. Connections and
        networks are everything here in Japan, and it was fate
        that I was teaching a girl in my kindergarten class
        who had very close connections with him.
        I visited him during cherry blossom season and it
        was the first time in ten years that he had returned
        to the mountain. His mind is still sharp, but
        unfortunately, at 92, he is having problems with his
        legs. His family is very protective of him, so I
        really do not think it would be a good idea to just
        'show up ' for a visit.
        Perhaps, there are people in the group who do have
        connections to get you an invitation.
        Best of luck, aaron

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail