RE:Man Who Planted Hope

  • ziraat@olympus.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2005
      Dear friend,

      As inspiring as the Jean Giono story is---it is a fable. As a bookseller I
      sold this book for nearly 20 years, because it offers hope and inspiration.
      But in fact, the facts of the story were debunked many years ago. We need
      hope and inspiration--tempered by truth in reality, of course.

      If one were to simply take this story and attempt to recreate it in some
      barren landscape, I hope you will be successful. One concern you will
      probably need to address, is predation by deer or similar species. In many
      parts of the world these ruminants are not controlled by predators (wolves,
      etc.) and will readily browse young emergent trees. Any large-scale
      forestry program needs to be aware of this possibility.

      Truly,

      Forest

      >>From: "ligerodeequipaje" <ligerodeequipaje@...>
      Subject: The man who planted hope and grew happiness

      The man who planted hope and grew happiness
      by Jean Giono
      <snip>

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • ligerodeequipaje
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2005
        Dear friend,

        Elzeard Bouffier is not just the character of a fable. Is the spirit,
        the essence within all of us. You may change his name, the whole story
        if you want, but still he lives in many men and women all over the
        world. Just to mention one of them:

        Wangari Maathay
        Nobel Peace Prize 2004
        http://www.wangarimaathai.com/newsdetails.php?NewsID=19
        http://www.greenbeltmovement.org/biographies.htm

        A woman who has planted more than 30 million trees.
        She planted hope and grew happiness. And she is still doing it.

        Let's do it! :)
        Mike