Fukuoka_farming: From India

  • Chandrakant Deokar
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
      Dear All,

      I am from India. I have done my batchalar of Science in Agriculture, Masters in Environmental Science and currently doing my Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management from Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India. I would like to share my views in the Natural and organic farming here.

      In india farmers were doing the agriculture in natural way upto the era of Green Revolution, they were using the traditionlly selected seeds, organic manure from their cattles, but after green revolution they have changed to the chemical and Intensive agriculture, but still today there are near about 20-30% farmers who cannot afford the expenses for the seeds and fertilizers. so they are doing their farming in the natural way, Today many NGOs are working in the field of Organic and Natural Farming, Vermicomposting. There are special outlets for the oraganically grown farm products in the big cities. Organic and natural Farming is getting momentum in India.

      also organic farming is done in the cities as a terrace farming

      Thanking you for your attention

      chandrakant deokar

    • Mark Cain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
        From: "Chandrakant Deokar" <c_deokar@...>
        To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Fukuoka_farming: From India
        Date: 14 Dec 2004 13:41:24 -0000

        > Dear All,
        >
        > I am from India. I have done my batchalar of Science in
        > Agriculture, Masters in Environmental Science and currently doing
        > my Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management from Indian
        > Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India. I would like to
        > share my views in the Natural and organic farming here.
        >
        > In india farmers were doing the agriculture in natural way upto the
        > era of Green Revolution, they were using the traditionlly selected
        > seeds, organic manure from their cattles, but after green
        > revolution they have changed to the chemical and Intensive
        > agriculture, but still today there are near about 20-30% farmers
        > who cannot afford the expenses for the seeds and fertilizers. so
        > they are doing their farming in the natural way, Today many NGOs
        > are working in the field of Organic and Natural Farming,
        > Vermicomposting. There are special outlets for the oraganically
        > grown farm products in the big cities. Organic and natural Farming
        > is getting momentum in India.
        >
        > also organic farming is done in the cities as a terrace farming
        >
        > Thanking you for your attention
        >
        > chandrakant deokar

      • William Stocker
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
          > > Dear Chandrakant, What is your point? You seem not to have
          read Fukuokas original work very thorouly. Try www.seedbals.com
          It is well represented there. He did some of his work in India. Was
          his liturature availible then? William,
          Stoc85 @...

          > > Dear All,
          > >
          > > I am from India. I have done my batchalar of Science in
          > > Agriculture, Masters in Environmental Science and currently doing
          > > my Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management from Indian
          > > Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India. I would like to
          > > share my views in the Natural and organic farming here.
          > >
          > > In india farmers were doing the agriculture in natural way upto the
          > > era of Green Revolution, they were using the traditionlly selected
          > > seeds, organic manure from their cattles, but after green
          > > revolution they have changed to the chemical and Intensive
          > > agriculture, but still today there are near about 20-30% farmers
          > > who cannot afford the expenses for the seeds and fertilizers. so
          > > they are doing their farming in the natural way, Today many NGOs
          > > are working in the field of Organic and Natural Farming,
          > > Vermicomposting. There are special outlets for the oraganically
          > > grown farm products in the big cities. Organic and natural Farming
          > > is getting momentum in India.
          > >
          > > also organic farming is done in the cities as a terrace farming
          > >
          > > Thanking you for your attention
          > >
          > > chandrakant deokar

        • Sergio Montinola
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
            Dear Mark,

            Do not forget "Permaculture" a way of conserving and
            helping your environment in the natural way. There are
            many books on the matter at the Internet.

            Hope you benefit from this info.

            Regards,
            Sergio J. Montinola
            Philippines