Off-Topic: Yahoo is now tracking you

  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004
      > Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to
      > track Yahoo Group users around the net and see what
      > you're doing and where you are going - similar to
      > cookies. Yahoo is recording every website and every
      > group you visit.
      >
      > Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
      > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy
      >
      > About half-way down the page, in the section on
      > cookies, you will see a link that says web beacons.
      > Click on the phrase web beacons. That will bring
      > you to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
      > Network." In this section you'll see a little "click here
      > to opt out" link that will let you "opt-out" of their new
      > method of snooping.
      >
      > Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted.
      >
      > Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next
      > page. Be careful because on that page there is a
      > "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo**
      > the opt-out.

    • Leunam
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
        Hello, I'm not sure about how to make the question nor if this is the ideal
        distribution list, but I'm thinking about making a living selling the
        vegetables and fruits and nuts I will grow, so I'm trying to find out a
        minimun acreage.

        I've read varying amounts for example 90 to 180 Kg of vegetables in 9 m2
        from raised beds (John Seymour books) or from internet:

        http://www.permaculture.com/who/davidblume.htm
        " Our Farm fed approximately 450 people through 150 shares in its CSA at
        its peak. Annually, it grew as much as 100,000 pounds of food per acre,
        without a tractor, using only hand tools, on a terraced, 35 degree slope
        similar to farms in China or Guatemala. Dave used a combination of
        biointensive and permaculture techniques to produce these impressive
        yields."

        Could you tell me your actual yields in order to make me an idea? (the land
        is irrigated from a near river)

        Actually I'm working as a computer science and get out at 15h, so initially
        I can go on living from my salary so long as necesary.

        Thank you very much.

        Manuel

        PD: Forgive my terrible english