On Topic / Off Topic

  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 19, 2004
      We might find <http://FukuokaFarmingOL.net> a useful place to turn as Connie,
      Jim & others stretch from our universe in the garden to the garden of the
      universe.

      On this list, periodically we muse on the quote,

      "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation
      and perfection of human beings."
      Masanobu Fukuoka

      We ask: What do we do with our energy from eating our wholesome food? What do
      we do with our time that we no longer spend in tilling? How do we share
      information in our talk in the market. Is a Buddhist being in the world able to
      act in response to other's suffering without attachment?

      Invariably, at that time in the cycle, there pop up reminders that the list is
      digressing from natural farming. Then we can again agree to mark our posts if
      we are introducing a topic of limited interest, such as Monsanto taking over
      villages in India, counties in California USA, & now the country of Iraq, & we
      can again agree to freely use the delete button if we do not wish to read such
      'off-topic' posts.

      As we observe without interference the plant life cycles on our gardens & farms,
      we observe the discussion cycles on this list. Some of us enjoy learning about
      each other's cultivation of ourselves as human beings, as well as about each
      other's growing of crops. Many of us in the USA now are especially interested
      in the conversations from our many members in Canada, as the applications are
      stacking up for many North Americans to move to the Canadian side of the
      continent, which is more highly cultivated in respect for both nature & the
      human being.
      Peace,

      Connie Kuramoto wrote:

      > Hear, hear, it is very important for farmers to be political, Fukuoka or
      > otherwise!!!
      > Connie Kuramoto
      > Malaspina University College
      > Horticulture Technician Program
      > Nanaimo British Columbia, Canada

    • William Stocker
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 20, 2004
        > Jim & others stretch from our universe in the garden to the garden of the
        > universe.
        >
        > On this list, periodically we muse on the quote,
        >
        > "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the
        cultivation
        > and perfection of human beings."
        > Masanobu Fukuoka
        >
        > We ask: What do we do with our energy from eating our wholesome food?
        What do
        > we do with our time that we no longer spend in tilling? How do we share
        > information in our talk in the market. Is a Buddhist being in the world
        able to
        > act in response to other's suffering without attachment?
        >
        > Invariably, at that time in the cycle, there pop up reminders that the
        list is
        > digressing from natural farming. Then we can again agree to mark our
        posts if
        > we are introducing a topic of limited interest, such as Monsanto taking
        over
        > villages in India, counties in California USA, & now the country of Iraq,
        & we
        > can again agree to freely use the delete button if we do not wish to read
        such
        > 'off-topic' posts.
        >
        > As we observe without interference the plant life cycles on our gardens &
        farms,
        > we observe the discussion cycles on this list. Some of us enjoy learning
        about
        > each other's cultivation of ourselves as human beings, as well as about
        each
        > other's growing of crops. Many of us in the USA now are especially
        interested
        > in the conversations from our many members in Canada, as the applications
        are
        > stacking up for many North Americans to move to the Canadian side of the
        > continent, which is more highly cultivated in respect for both nature &
        the
        > human being.
        > Peace,
        >
        > Connie Kuramoto wrote:
        >
        > > Hear, hear, it is very important for farmers to be political, Fukuoka or

        > > otherwise!!!
        > > Connie Kuramoto
        > > Malaspina University College
        > > Horticulture Technician Program
        > > Nanaimo British Columbia, Canada

      • pollywog
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
          --- Hello William:

          You obviously have something to say, and we'd like to read it. Is this
          just a matter of the deb being blind, or are you having difficulty
          posting?

          I do not know if this is my trouble, trouble with yahoogroups, if you
          are having trouble with posting/replying.

          If you are trying to reply to postings, and am hitting the "tab" key
          on your puter to go from "reply" stage to "input" stage, you might be
          simply sending the original posts, without having the ability to write
          your own message.

          I am not able to find your words in the preceding posts, and know that
          little quirk is one easy thing that happens to me, when trying to
          reply to posts.

          Normally I prefer to trim original post in my replies, but am keeping
          the whole intact in this case. If I am not finding William's reply,
          perhaps someone can tell me what I'm missing? deb

          In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "William Stocker" <stoc85@s...> wrote:

> [...]
        • William Stocker
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
            I will not try to evalue your site. Even if it has merit, I do not feel
            that you
            are invited to advertise it on our discussion site. William

            > You obviously have something to say, and we'd like to read it. Is this
            > just a matter of the deb being blind, or are you having difficulty
            > posting?
            >
            > I do not know if this is my trouble, trouble with yahoogroups, if you
            > are having trouble with posting/replying.
            >
            > If you are trying to reply to postings, and am hitting the "tab" key
            > on your puter to go from "reply" stage to "input" stage, you might be
            > simply sending the original posts, without having the ability to write
            > your own message.
            >
            > I am not able to find your words in the preceding posts, and know that
            > little quirk is one easy thing that happens to me, when trying to
            > reply to posts.
            >
            > Normally I prefer to trim original post in my replies, but am keeping
            > the whole intact in this case. If I am not finding William's reply,
            > perhaps someone can tell me what I'm missing? deb

          • Andrew Steiner
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
              I am a newbie to the natural farming scene, and agriculture as a whole. I am in japan right now working on an organic farm. I would like to work on a farm the employs masanobu fukuokas philosophy and techniques. I have heard that his farm is not open to visitors now. Does anyone have info as to where I could farm naturally in japan?

              thank you

              Andrew

            • BT Benjaminson
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
                look up "permaculture" and "Japan" on Google and you will hopefully find the
                website of a permaculture farm somewhere in Japan. I don't remember the
                details, but it is very likely they are using Fukuoka's methods.
                most permaculture places welcome apprentices.
                Bat-Tzion Benjaminson @ in Israel now but lived in Japan in the past

                > I am a newbie to the natural farming scene, and agriculture as a whole. I
                am in japan right now working on an organic farm. I would like to work on a
                farm the employs masanobu fukuokas philosophy and techniques. I have heard
                that his farm is not open to visitors now. Does anyone have info as to where
                I could farm naturally in japan?

                > thank you
                >
                > Andrew

              • pollywog
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
                  --- I am not, to my knowledge, adverising a thing. That is one thing I
                  am very careful about.

                  When you say "advertising your site": what are you speaking of? I
                  don't have a "site", nor can I find a referent to any site at all, in
                  any message I have posted.

                  Are you able *and willing* to specify to your stock-of-yak??
                  Verify?? Please?

                  You called up the carpet walk. Walk on it honestly, if you are able.

                  Please be specific, I have heat and life stuff going on, I prefer not
                  to deal with silly crap if it's not worth my time.

                  "Worth my time", means it is a serious trouble, not just flamerfuel.
                  You really sound like flamefuel, unless you can give substance to your
                  claims.

                  Back yourself well, and do it far beyond the norm. I am not happy with
                  dealing with crap (boy, am I being polite in my vernacular!) when I am
                  trying to live safely and deal.

                  I am not kidding. Back your butt up, back it up well. Or, shut the
                  quacamoles up.

                  What "site" are you speaking of, in relation to me? What the Hot
                  Holumpus platypus are you talking about, in relation to my post?

                  Verify, document, backup... you better go beyond the norm here,
                  because i'm about fed up with you asses who don't have a clue what
                  your words mean.

                  Verify and background your words. If you can't do so with honor, don't
                  yak at me.

                  the deb

                • angela flynn
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
                    I have to admit I thought it was my ancient computer,
                    but all of William Stocker's posts seemed to be
                    straight copy of other posts to me.

                    Did you have something to add William? I do believe
                    that it is important for us all to to our best to
                    listen to and learn from each other. I'de like to
                    hear what your point is.

                    Just to say, overall I appreciate the thoughts, etc
                    that are posted here. I think
                    discussion/communication is vital for human
                    development. Let's keep it flowing.

                    Regards,

                    Angela

                    The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                    http://my.yahoo.com
                  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
                      Dear Angela, Pollywog, William, & Other Members,

                      At first I thought the blank posts were mistakes, but by the third blank,
                      the reply that came through to me was that cycles of subjects would periodically
                      repeat themselves & then pass along, whether we say anything about them or not.

                      Might be my mistake here, but it seemed that the pattern was effective in
                      getting us all to wonder about meaning. A good, Fukuokan thing to do.

                      Peace,

                      angela flynn wrote:

                      > I have to admit I thought it was my ancient computer,
                      > but all of William Stocker's posts seemed to be
                      > straight copy of other posts to me.
                      >
                      > Did you have something to add William? I do believe
                      > that it is important for us all to to our best to
                      > listen to and learn from each other. I'de like to
                      > hear what your point is.
                      >
                      > Just to say, overall I appreciate the thoughts, etc
                      > that are posted here. I think
                      > discussion/communication is vital for human
                      > development. Let's keep it flowing.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Angela

                    • Beatrice Gilboa
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 22, 2004
                        About William'posts, I thought also like Napi express.

                        Best Wishes to all of you

                        Beatrice
                        Udim, Israel
                        Dear Angela, Pollywog, William, & Other Members,

                        At first I thought the blank posts were mistakes, but by the third blank, the reply that came through to me was that cycles of subjects would periodically repeat themselves & then pass along, whether we say anything about them or not.
                        Might be my mistake here, but it seemed that the pattern was effective in getting us all to wonder about meaning. A good, Fukuokan thing to do.

                      • Andrew Steiner

                          > I am a newbie to the natural farming scene, and agriculture as a whole. I
                          am in japan right now working on an organic farm. I would like to work on a
                          farm the employs masanobu fukuokas philosophy and techniques. I have heard
                          that his farm is not open to visitors now. Does anyone have info as to where
                          I could farm naturally in japan?

                          > thank you
                          >
                          > Andrew

                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        • William Stocker
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 23, 2004
                            By george, I think NAPI'S got it! Ben In Long Beach got it.

                            We are doing a very bad job of discussing Fukuoka Natural farming.
                            The rampant emotionally disturbing political discussion may
                            eventually destroy the entire planet. Mankind trying to improve on
                            nature has nearly destroyed the farmlands of the world.
                            The trouble we are having is nature teaching us

                            Natural Farming needs undevided attention.
                            Many constrictions of yahoo groups make this impossible.
                            Any good web writer can write a .net d site where we
                            can choose our way.

                            I hurt some feelings. Forgive, if you can. I will not write again.
                            I will be watching. Love to all. William