New too ...

  • Antje Cobbett
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2001
      Hi, all!

      I'm new here too. We live in England and only have a small house, small back
      and front garden and an allotment where we try to grow everything we need.
      We are not there yet, but every year we get more "home produce".

      I mainly do permaculture, but have started two plots on the allotment using
      Mr. Fukuoka's principles, but I wasn't using seedballs, I just threw the
      seeds on the soils and left it alone. Somehow I was lucky and it rained
      quite a lot and everything grows nicely now.

      At the moment we have only angora rabbits, chickens, ducks and geese which
      provide plenty of natural fertiliser for garden and allotment.

      Through my website at http://www.cobbettfarmette.com I got in contact with
      Country Smallholding Magazine and they expressed a lot of interest in what
      I'm doing and so I'm writing articles regularly for them about everything I
      do.

      Last year we also had a couple of sheep, but this year, with foot and mouth
      disease raging in this country, we were not allowed to get the mini-pigs and
      pygmy goats I wanted to have this year. This is a bit of a setback, but we
      won't give up and so we'll just keep our contacts and wait until the
      movement restrictions and import bans are lifted to be able to get the
      animals.

      I've read most of Mr. Fukuoka's books many years ago and ever since I wanted
      to try it myself and now finally I have the opportunity to do it.

      Best regards,

      Antje