Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: sweet potatoes

  • Sergio Montinola
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
      Dear Sean,

      The problem of eating sweet potato tops is that the
      tubers will not develop. Its one or the other. I
      prefer the tubers.

      The tops can be eaten as a salad or cooked as a
      vegetable garnish in soup or mixed with other recipes.

      Its nutritious and high in Vitamin A & C.

      Sergio

      --- Sean Phelan <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Sergio,
      >
      > > In our tropical country, sweet potato is a prime
      > > commodity. It is nutritius too. We eat all parts
      > of
      > > the plant all year round.
      >
      > All parts? Including the greens?
      >
      > Could you explain to me how the greens are eaten?
      > I've heard about people
      > doing that, but was looking for some first-hand
      > knowledge.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Sp
      > Sean Phelan
      > Sequoia Consulting - Internet solutions that make
      > sense
      > http://www.sqcn.com

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com