Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: sweet potatoes

  • Sergio Montinola
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2004
      Dear Sean,

      In our tropical country, sweet potato is a prime
      commodity. It is nutritius too. We eat all parts of
      the plant all year round. Sweet potato frys is far
      supperior to French Potato frys.

      Regards,
      Sergio Montinola
      Philippines

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com
    • Sean Phelan
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
        Sergio,

        > In our tropical country, sweet potato is a prime
        > commodity. It is nutritius too. We eat all parts of
        > the plant all year round.

        All parts? Including the greens?

        Could you explain to me how the greens are eaten? I've heard about people
        doing that, but was looking for some first-hand knowledge.

        Thanks!
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 10, 2004
          Dear Sean,

          The problem of eating sweet potato tops is that the
          tubers will not develop. Its one or the other. I
          prefer the tubers.

          The tops can be eaten as a salad or cooked as a
          vegetable garnish in soup or mixed with other recipes.

          Its nutritious and high in Vitamin A & C.

          Sergio