Publishing Fukuoka's book

  • lh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2004
      Those of you who are trying to get permission to translate and publish
      Fukuoka's books are probably going to be disappointed. He has said he
      doesn't want that done. He has refused to respond to the many attempts (in
      Japanese and other languages)to ask for his permission. He won't even
      respond to requests for permission to quote or use portions of his books in
      other works.

      Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but thought it might save you some time and
      grief to know that many others have tried and all with the same negative
      result.
    • William Stocker
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2004
        Masanobu Fukuoka is not the first master of a Buddhist discipline
        to demure from superfluous honorarium. Does he wonder "Where are the
        books of the people who learned his real teachings. If you have learned
        that "Nature will teach you", you will write his next books for him.
        I think that nothing would please him more. William

        > Those of you who are trying to get permission to translate and publish
        > Fukuoka's books are probably going to be disappointed. He has said he
        > doesn't want that done. He has refused to respond to the many attempts (in
        > Japanese and other languages)to ask for his permission. He won't even
        > respond to requests for permission to quote or use portions of his books
        in
        > other works.
        >
        > Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but thought it might save you some time and
        > grief to know that many others have tried and all with the same negative
        > result.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Beatrice Gilboa
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2004
          >> Those of you who are trying to get permission to translate and publish Fukuoka's books are probably going to be disappointed. He has said he doesn't want that done.

          - But a french official version exist . They probably find a way to do it legally.

          Beatrice
          Udim, Israel

        • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
            - But a french official version exist . They probably find a way to do it legally.

            and an italian also

            i understood masanobu lost the right of the natural way , i remember him saying when i saw him in India that westerners who translated his book didn't pay what they were owing .

            i understand also that masanobu think his book are useless. when you consider the number of peoples who had read them and compare it to the peoples who dedicate themselves to natural farming or fight against desertification i am afraid he is right.

            jean-claude