Off Topic to Jonah Re:[fukuoka_farming] state decision to go organic

  • Robin, Maya, or Napi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2004
      Dear Sir:

      As you are researching the availability of the most important books that
      will provide your state with much valuable experience to consider, please be
      aware that lately in the USA such declarations by individual states are the
      rallying point for the GMO/chemical fertilizer/pesticide industry giants, such
      as Monsanto, to spend much $ for mounting 'public education' campaigns & to back
      local candidates who pledge to overturn the establishment of organic farming
      zones. If you have an opportunity to plan to address this GMO industry
      intrusion to your state, it may help you avert the hijacking of the people's
      intention to ban harmful chemical practices near their organic or naturally
      farmed fields, which would also pollute their farming & drinking water.

      Although as a Fukuoka list, we agree that we are here to talk about our
      study & practice of natural farming, we have also agreed as a list that
      information may be submitted under Subject heading: Off Topic.

      Peace,