Re: [fukuoka_farming]oil crisis

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
      > "The situation is desperate. This is the world's biggest serious
      > question... If you read The Perfect Storm , where a freak storm
      > materializes out of the convergence of three weather systems, our
      > energy crisis results from the same phenomenon.

      I can't believe that i read that on our list , Fukuoka have shown the
      possibility that humans can live well without oils and without crises .
      do we really need for our confort all the things oil allow us to consume,
      how the use of it have improved someting over nature ?

      oil seems to give a boost in agriculture via fertilisers and mechanisations
      but it was a very short term gain exhausting fields and it seems that way
      because traditional agriculture via tilling had allready created the
      conditions that gave oil its illusiory benefits .

      life without oil will be a release for me ,an opportunity for us , we will
      be forced to establish
      true relationship between peoples and life

      jean-claude
    • Sergio Montinola
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
        Dear All,

        As Fukuoka's apostle, let focus on Fukuoka's teachings
        and we should not entertain anything else outside of
        the subject.

        We have our duty to God and the environment He created
        for us. Fukuoka is a believer and a naturalist. More
        power to him and to us his loyal followers.

        The rest can go "to hell" as the saying goes.

        Serge M.

        <instinct@...> wrote:

        > > "The situation is desperate. This is the world's
        > biggest serious
        > > question... If you read The Perfect Storm , where
        > a freak storm
        > > materializes out of the convergence of three
        > weather systems, our
        > > energy crisis results from the same phenomenon.
        >
        > I can't believe that i read that on our list ,
        > Fukuoka have shown the
        > possibility that humans can live well without oils
        > and without crises .
        > do we really need for our confort all the things oil
        > allow us to consume,
        > how the use of it have improved someting over nature
        > ?
        >
        > oil seems to give a boost in agriculture via
        > fertilisers and mechanisations
        > but it was a very short term gain exhausting fields
        > and it seems that way
        > because traditional agriculture via tilling had
        > allready created the
        > conditions that gave oil its illusiory benefits .
        >
        > life without oil will be a release for me ,an
        > opportunity for us , we will
        > be forced to establish
        > true relationship between peoples and life
        >
        > jean-claude

        > --------------------~-->

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/bAOolB/TM

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • Sergio Montinola
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
          Dear Jo - Al,

          I fully agree with you. Lets stick to Fukuoka's system
          and ignore the rest of "philosophers" of doom.

          Serge M.

          --- Jo Terry <meme@...> wrote:

          > I don't feel that this web site is an appropriate
          > place for this discussion.
          > I like my creature comforts but we must find a way
          > to stop depleating what
          > mother nature has provided for us or we shall be
          > very uncomfortable
          > eventually.
          > Jo - Al

        • Jo Terry