Re: [fukuoka_farming] Question about permaculture books again

  • michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2004
      William,
      What a bunch of gobbledy goop. I agree with you and know what you are
      saying, but it is of no help to most to be so short. Explain the
      process of understanding Fukuoka's message and translating it to each
      circumstance; except for the 'endless water' stuff. Some do not have
      the luxury of clay or skinny sand.
      - michael

      On Oct 21, 2004, at 3:40 PM, William Stocker wrote:

      > Mannnel Iglesias, Oct.21.2004
      >
      > I do not know how you can separate fukuosa's practice from his
      > philosophy. It is my impression that you will waist you're time if you
      > do
      > not first condition your soil with the seed ball boogie. If you do not
      > make
      > a massive attack on the rich treasure bellow the ploughshear, you will
      > loose
      > much effort.
      >
      > A seedball has about half manure crop and half edible. most of the
      > manure crop is also edible {beans and peas}. Three outstanding manure
      > plants are , Sucullus Chard, Rye grain, and Black Wattle Acacia. Eat
      > the '
      > most delicious lower leaves of chard. It has become my favorite
      > green. Let
      > it go to seed. Save the seeds.
      >
      > The first years crop will be sparce, if any. Rest assured that
      > the root
      > brigade has been down there something like twenty feet or more and has
      > established channels of composted root and water.
      >
      > So, I ask you; what would you do if you were a tomato or cabbage
      > and
      > suddenly found that delicious channel of composted root and endless
      > water,
      > that you have not found for the last two hundred years since the
      > plowing
      > began?
      >
      > The edible jungle of the seedball is already a highly profitable
      > farm.
      > smaller retail stores will welcome a supplier with "variety, in season,
      > authentic flavored, natural, produce.
      >
      > Reference: fukuosafarmingol.net
      >
      > seedballs.net
      >
      > Trying to design a "Natural Farm' is a contradiction in terms.
      > Nature
      > will teach you. William

    • Sergio Montinola
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2004
        Dear Michael,

        We are amused at your reply to William. We understand
        perfectly your concerns. But the Fukuoka sysem is only
        for those who own land and desire to farm.

        There is enough land on this mother earth that have
        been abused and exploited. Fukuoka was a brave and
        determined man who offered a solution.

        We are Fukuoka's apostle. We follow and practice as
        much as possible. Either we believe in Fukuoka's
        principles and practices or we do not and continue
        with our ways.

        Hope this clarifies your doubts or questions.

        Serge Montinola
        Philippines

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com