Re: [fukuoka_farming] Petite presentation

  • lucia@lrw.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
      hi all - I have a dumb question. where do you get red clay from to make
      seed balls?

      Lucia
    • Beatrice Gilboa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2004
        Bienvenu Rémi,

        >> So one question, do you think that among the seeds i can harvest
        (tomatoe, cucubitaceae,sunflower), some could be more convenient for dry
        condition, even after just one season?

        - You could better refer to your neibourghood to fine local adapted seeds.
        Or browsing on the Kokopelli catalogue to find seed wich originate from a
        similar wether than yours.

        >> another do you throw seed ball of solanaceae before or after winter?

        - In your case and wether, I would have done it after the winter (to avoid
        that the ball decompose and offer the seeds whithout protection to a
        possible rotting process with wetness and freezing situation but before the
        dry season to permit the clay to wet and give the seed the opportunity to
        prout on its time...

        Good luck for your project.
        (I lived before in the northen part of th french Alpes)

        Beatrice
        Udim, Israel