Re: Human Population is NOT the Problem

  • waybackwitch
    Message 1 of 82 , Sep 30, 2004
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Adam Carter <actasau@b...>
      wrote:

      > On 27/07/2004, at 1:46 AM, benonthenet wrote:
      You can teach natural farming all you like,
      > but I think that it is delusional to believe that it is going to
      change
      > the world when faced with the overwhelming destructive forces I
      > mentioned above.

      the colorado river carved the grand canyon. how? water can't do
      that. but it did. what is a river. a mighty force that can wash
      away mountains but it starts as a single drop.

      i change the world. every time i plant a seed the world changes.
      when i use recycled or organic products. i change the world. when i
      decide i need to go for a long drive, i change the world. we all
      do. all the time.

      those overwhelming destructive forces did not start out that way.
      they started small. mere drops.

      we must be aware of what we do at all times. we must observe. we
      must consider the world around us and be aware of our effect. if
      enough people do that, perhaps we can form a mighty river to wash
      away that overwhelming destructive force.
    • Bart Van Audenhove
      Message 82 of 82 , Oct 5, 2004
        Exactly.

        "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to
        pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

        Martin Luther King - and me :-)

        --- waybackwitch <waybackwitch@...> escribió:

        > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Adam Carter
        > <actasau@b...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > On 27/07/2004, at 1:46 AM, benonthenet wrote:
        > You can teach natural farming all you like,
        > > but I think that it is delusional to believe that
        > it is going to
        > change
        > > the world when faced with the overwhelming
        > destructive forces I
        > > mentioned above.
        >
        > the colorado river carved the grand canyon. how?
        > water can't do
        > that. but it did. what is a river. a mighty force
        > that can wash
        > away mountains but it starts as a single drop.
        >
        > i change the world. every time i plant a seed the
        > world changes.
        > when i use recycled or organic products. i change
        > the world. when i
        > decide i need to go for a long drive, i change the
        > world. we all
        > do. all the time.
        >
        > those overwhelming destructive forces did not start
        > out that way.
        > they started small. mere drops.
        >
        > we must be aware of what we do at all times. we
        > must observe. we
        > must consider the world around us and be aware of
        > our effect. if
        > enough people do that, perhaps we can form a mighty
        > river to wash
        > away that overwhelming destructive force.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/bAOolB/TM

        =====
        "There is not much to be done against them, but everything without them."