natural farming

  • lehtinen
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 8, 2004
      Hello from France - 200km south-west of Paris. We , Virginie and Reino have transformed an old horse stable as our home. Both of us have an urban background, but we are learning bit by bit to cultivate our food in respecting the Nature. Our land is only 0,5 ha - small is beautiful!! Fukuoka shows the direction in farming and Brent Camerons Natural Learning does the something parallel with children www.wondertree.org

      joy to all of you Reino

    • Sergio Montinola
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 8, 2004
        Dear Reino,

        You are blessed with a home and a garden.

        God's Nature is perfect and anyone who cooperates will
        never go wrong.

        Fukuoka is the perfect example of natural farming. Get
        a copy of his books and your knowledge of nature will
        never be the same again.

        I had the pleasure of meeting, the man the last visit
        to the Philippines to receive a Magsaysay Award. I
        have a picture with him and a signed authograph
        drawings on two of his books on Natural Gardening.

        The man is amazing. Full of life and understanding.

        Cheers,
        Sergio Montinola
        Philippines

        --- lehtinen <lehtinen@...> wrote:

        > Hello from France - 200km south-west of Paris.
        > We , Virginie and Reino have transformed an old
        > horse stable as our home. Both of us have an
        > urban background, but we are learning bit by bit to
        > cultivate our food in respecting the Nature. Our
        > land is only 0,5 ha - small is beautiful!!
        > Fukuoka shows the direction in farming and Brent
        > Camerons Natural Learning does the something
        > parallel with children www.wondertree.org
        >
        > joy to all of you Reino

        > removed]

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 8, 2004
          > Hello from France - 200km south-west of Paris. We , Virginie and
          Reino have transformed an old horse stable as our home. Both of us have
          an urban background, but we are learning bit by bit to cultivate our food
          in respecting the Nature. Our land is only 0,5 ha - small is
          beautiful!! Fukuoka shows the direction in farming and Brent Camerons
          Natural Learning does the something parallel with children
          www.wondertree.org >

          welcome here
          i am french living in british colombia very close to wondertree . we are
          homesechooling in that spirit our 2 childrens and have been practicing
          natural farming for 10 years .do you have childrens? i am surprised of how
          you heard of wondertree ,is the homeschooling movement in france spreading?

          as natural farmers i think we have the responsibility to be mentors of
          childrens who want to explore self reliance .
          i am originally from Blois ( where most of my familly live )so it sound you
          are very close by .i will be open to help you in the set up of your land as
          i can picture the environement you are in . i am curious !
          if you are interested to know more about what we are about check our web
          site .
          www.natural-wisdom.com/community.htm
          a bientot

          jean-claude
        • karoubas
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 21, 2005
            Hello everyone,

            I am new to the group and new to natural farming and farming/gardening
            in general.

            Life has brought me to northen greece (thessaloniki), after a 30 year
            stay in the states.

            I have been practicing natural farming for a year or so on a 10,000
            m^2 piece of land.

            I am very pleased with the results - I use the land to feed to family
            fresh/clean vegetables.

            We have here in northern Greece (Edessa)one of Fukuoka's students, who
            has established a farm for the last 17 years or so. His farm is just
            like fukuoka describes and shows in his books (like heaven).

            Panagiotis has been assisting/teaching me in this matter - he is very
            generous with his time.

            We make seed balls here using a red powedered clay and small concrete
            mixers.

            People come from all over Europe, and spend time with Panagitis
            learning natural farming.

            If anyone is interested I have some photos

            Kostas
          • Akbar Khan
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
              Please please please post some pictures. Does any one know about Fukuoka
              San? How old is he now and where does he live currently??
              Akbar
              > I am new to the group and new to natural farming and farming/gardening
              > in general.
              >
              > Life has brought me to northen greece (thessaloniki), after a 30 year
              > stay in the states.
              >
              > I have been practicing natural farming for a year or so on a 10,000
              > m^2 piece of land.
              >
              > I am very pleased with the results - I use the land to feed to family
              > fresh/clean vegetables.
              >
              > We have here in northern Greece (Edessa)one of Fukuoka's students, who
              > has established a farm for the last 17 years or so. His farm is just
              > like fukuoka describes and shows in his books (like heaven).
              >
              > Panagiotis has been assisting/teaching me in this matter - he is very
              > generous with his time.
              >
              > We make seed balls here using a red powedered clay and small concrete
              > mixers.
              >
              > People come from all over Europe, and spend time with Panagitis
              > learning natural farming.
              >
              > If anyone is interested I have some photos
              >
              > Kostas
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Andres Rattur
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                Hi!

                Kostas, I would also be very glad if you could send me some pictures.

                The last thing what I now about Fukuoka-san is that, he's somewhere 103
                years old and self and sound, only that he's legs are not good so he's
                moveing around in a wheelchair.

                Someone posted some time ago a message in this list, where it was said that
                Masanobu Fukuoka will participate on national exhibition.

                With best wishes,
                Andres,
                Estonia!

              • souscayrous
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 22, 2005
                  Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
                  understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
                  whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your land
                  and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area of
                  this forum on the groups homepage
                  www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the 'photos'
                  to the left of the page and follow the instructions.

                  I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
                  but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
                  Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
                  enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
                  Aichi shows.

                  Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,

                  Jamie
                  Souscayrous

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
                    Hi Kostas, welcome to the group!
                    Me too I would love to see some pictures.
                    You know, you could put them in the 'photo' section of
                    this group. There they will be accessible at any time for all of us.

                    Greetings,
                    Malika
                    in The Netherlands
                    ~~*~~
                  • Forest Shomer
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
                      >Message: 3
                      > Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:24:43 -0400
                      > From: "Akbar Khan" <akhan@...>
                      >Subject: Re: natural farming
                      >
                      >Please please please post some pictures. Does any one know about Fukuoka
                      >San? How old is he now and where does he live currently??
                      >Akbar

                      Hello Akbar,

                      When Fukuoka-San visited here in 1986, he gave his age as 75.
                      Therefore, depending on his birth date, he would now be either 94 or
                      95 years of age.

                      -Forest

                      --
                      Inside Passage Seeds and Native Plant Services
                      Forest Shomer, owner
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
                        Seeing on the television, and also reading about all of the
                        consequences of climatic change/global warming, whatever it actually is
                        that is causing all of the crop failure, fires, and floods in Europe, I
                        am most interested if this Fukuoka-style farm in Greece has had any
                        problems?

                        I ask this because it has occurred to me that much of the problem is
                        the manner of farming done...that it has added to the problem making it
                        much worse. I have wondered if Natural Farming would adapt much better
                        to all that is occurring. You would be the best to tell us the answers
                        to this.

                        Welcome to the group!

                        Gloria Baikauskas
                        Texas, USA
                      • Akbar Khan
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 23, 2005
                          Gloria where in Texas is your farm located? My sister lives in Dallas and
                          they have some land in another small town.
                          Akbar
                          > Seeing on the television, and also reading about all of the
                          > consequences of climatic change/global warming, whatever it actually is
                          > that is causing all of the crop failure, fires, and floods in Europe, I
                          > am most interested if this Fukuoka-style farm in Greece has had any
                          > problems?
                          >
                          > I ask this because it has occurred to me that much of the problem is
                          > the manner of farming done...that it has added to the problem making it
                          > much worse. I have wondered if Natural Farming would adapt much better
                          > to all that is occurring. You would be the best to tell us the answers
                          > to this.
                          >
                          > Welcome to the group!
                          >
                          > Gloria Baikauskas
                          > Texas, USA
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Gloria C. Baikauskas
                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 24, 2005
                            My mailing address is Venus. I live between Mansfield and Venus
                            south of Dallas, and a bit west of it, in Johnson County.

                            Gloria

                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Akbar Khan" <akhan@t...>
                            wrote:
                            > Gloria where in Texas is your farm located? My sister lives in
                            Dallas and
                            > they have some land in another small town.
                            > Akbar

                          • karoubas
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
                              Hello Jamie,
                              I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
                              Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
                              photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
                              and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
                              seed balls.
                              Kostas

                              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "souscayrous"

                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
                                > Hello Jamie,
                                > I posted some photos in the photos section - hopefully I will go up to
                                > Edessa and see Panagiotis again this coming week and take some more
                                > photos - he has a group of volunteers/students from around the world,
                                > and maybe they will allow me to take some photos while they are making
                                > seed balls.
                                > Kostas

                                i am curious if he is irrigating and how .
                                jean-claude

                              • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 25, 2005
                                  hello Jaimie
                                  glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                                  from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                                  that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                                  vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                                  its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                                  83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                                  jean-claude

                                • souscayrous
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 29, 2005
                                    Hello Jean-Claude, I think I remember Clara, she had a young child with her
                                    during the Synergistic Course at Ontignano, Florence, called Luna?

                                    We're now back in France full time and have just bought 4 hectares of land
                                    (poor) and a ruin, which, inspired by Fukuoka and Panos (to who I must
                                    surely go one day soon), we are looking to make into a 'natural farm'. I'm
                                    finally beginning to understand that there really is nothing that needs to
                                    be done.

                                    Jamie

                                    glad to hear from you . i met a couple this summer in california that are
                                    from italy and talk to us about you and your partner in natural farming ,
                                    that was an amazing coincidence their name are clara scropitta and yan
                                    vai.how your project is doing?about masanobu fukuoka, my calculation bring
                                    its age to 92 considering i met him 9 and half year ago in india when he was
                                    83 . so 92 , 93 sound right.
                                    jean-claude

                                    > Hello Kostas, you are very lucky to have Panos so close by as, from what I
                                    > understand, Fukuoka acknowledges him as continuing his work. I'm sure the
                                    > whole group would appreciate any photos you might have to share of your
                                    > land
                                    > and perhaps Panos' too. Perhaps you might upload them to the members area
                                    > of
                                    > this forum on the groups homepage
                                    > www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming, then just click on the
                                    > 'photos'
                                    > to the left of the page and follow the instructions.
                                    >
                                    > I believe Fukuoka spends most of his time now with his family on Shikoku,
                                    > but perhaps he still travels to Tokyo sometimes where he stays with Yuko
                                    > Honma. He does have problems walking now, but at the age of 93 he still
                                    > enjoys good health and a sharp mind, as the recent lecture at the Expo in
                                    > Aichi shows.
                                    >
                                    > Good luck with posting the photos and continuing your natural farm,
                                    >

                                    > Jamie
                                    > Souscayrous

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  • Michael Meredith
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 17, 2009
                                      Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150 miles south of you.
                                      I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some very depleted soils.
                                      The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                                      Keep us posted on your progress!
                                      Michael

                                    • grannis04
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 18, 2009
                                        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meredith
                                        <meredith848@...> wrote:

                                        > Steve, you are doing good, similar to my own thinking, just 150
                                        miles south of you.
                                        > I only have 1/10 acre to start, but will add more later, of some
                                        very depleted soils.
                                        > The ground covers are the easiest way to do this, but I lack
                                        equipment, so am trying to innovate, so as to get vegetables the first
                                        year. Try doing some with just a shovel, and I'll listen.
                                        > Keep us posted on your progress!
                                        > Michael

                                        Micheal, I've been working my natural areas with only a scythe and a
                                        rake. Fukuoka mentions a scythe in his writing and I think it is key
                                        to a low labor high output biological system. I've done okay with
                                        first year crops but it really depends on the plants that are living
                                        on your land now. If you have mixed grasses with some clover and
                                        dandelion then a first year crop is possible. The foremost
                                        consideration is keeping the earth covered with either green or brown.
                                        That's cover growth or light mulches. The Earth has a skin and like
                                        ours it must be cared for, when there is a cut medicine plants go
                                        there first, we can help in the process by dressing the wound with
                                        mulches (band-aids). This is winter when our winter gardens flourish
                                        in our mind's eye. Thanks, Steve
                                      • cathrine sodi
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Oct 3, 2009
                                          it is important to learn about the ill effects of un natural agri culture, thanks raju, you encourage us to keep sewing the seeds that mother nature has given us

                                        • wongso
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Oct 5, 2009
                                            Bienvenue!

                                            Nous sommes a l'ile maurice...