Re: [fukuoka_farming]

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      .

      > Any ideas?

      i have a driveway that i am transforming in lawn it is made out of the same
      material than a ram earth builder use here . you can't have more compacted
      medium except cooked earth . despite of that, grasses , clover, plantains
      chamomille etc.. are transforming this place in a fertile medium .
      where my raised beds, that have been established on this driveway , are
      leaking some of their contenton the driveway all kind of vegetables,
      grasses are growing on their own without me ever having to till the driveway
      .

      no machinery could do the work that roots are doing because they do more
      than a mechanical work , there is chemical work and also ther is the power
      of life to establish itself in the most unexpected places . have you ever
      seen huge trees growing supended on a rocky cliff ?roots in association with
      the microlife they shelter and nourish have the power of dissolving rocks
      .Here on the shore , at the edge of the sea waters there is 3 apples trees
      growing and producing fruits in a very smal crevice inside the rock with no
      soil at all .I have seen also a pear tree growing that way on a small islet.
      jean-claude