RE: [fukuoka_farming] New member intro

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
      Yes, I've been to Jim Bones' site, and I like it, but I find it hard to know
      how up to date the information about Mr. Fukuoka is. It says it's all
      copyright 1995 & 1996, so unless there are more recent parts of the site
      that I missed, it's hard to tell. I wrote to Jim Bones back in March, but I
      never got a reply. Maybe I should try again.

      Carol

    • Okinori Taniguchi
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
        >Hi, Christine, Carol & all ! I'm new too, so maybe I should introduce
        >myself also...
        >
        >My name is Okinori, and I live in Kyoto, Japan where I have
        >(unfortunately) no land to call my own or dirt to dig.

        I'm a researcher of the enviromental design and an enviromental
        designer-to-be, even I'm
        60 years old.

        Mr. Fukuoka has published a new book in Japanese, if I literally
        translate the title in English,
        it is " The Revolution of One Straw (General Compilation)- Traveling with
        Seed Balls."
        There are included many photos of his around the world with seed balls.
        The contents of it :
        http://www.infomadonna.ne.jp/~ham/book.htm

        http://www.infomadonna.ne.jp/~ham/tane_out4.htm

        /*-----------------------------------------------
        Okinori Taniguchi

        Environmental Design Department
        Osaka Sangyo University

        3-1-1 Nakagaito,Daitoshi,
        Osaka, Japan 574-8530
        http://www.edd.osaka-sandai.ac.jp/~o-tanig/indexe.html
        o-tanig@...-sandai.ac.jp
        tel: 81 720 75 3001 fax: 81 720 70 7857
        ---------------------------------------------------*/
      • Bargyla Rateaver
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2001
          again, SOIL is the answer, the clue.Why is it so hard for people to accept
          that?
          =====

          Carol wrote:

          > Hi, Christine! I'm new too, so maybe I should introduce myself also...
          >
          > My name is Carol, and I live in Santa Cruz, California, where I have
          > (unfortunately) no land to call my own or dirt to dig. I do, however, do
          > lots and lots of reading about organic gardening and related things in
          > preparation for the day when I do have a place to put my book-learnin to
          > some use. Topics I'm especially fond of include earthworms, heirloom
          > varieties, probiotics for plants, seedballs, and recently, cellulosic
          > ethanol.
          >
          > I also produce an agriculture/food radio program, so that keeps me in touch
          > with lots of interesting stuff. I'm hoping to do a show on Mr. Fukuoka
          > before the year is out.
          >
          > :)
          > Carol

          Bargyla Rateaver
          http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver
        • Carol
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2001
            Hi, Okinori :) and thanks for the links! It's good to hear that Mr.
            Fukuoka is still around and still busy. What a guy!

            Carol