Re: [fukuoka_farming] oil

  • John Warner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      I'm delighted to see peak oil being discussed here although I can't really say I'm delighted with the prospects of it.

      Presently, my idea of growing food during the impending collapse is to grow most of it on permanent intensive beds under permanent mulch in a way not too unlike the biointensive method. [No double-digging, composting, or "sifting" soil though.]

      The beds are supported by harvesting mulch from a surrounding natural farm planted with a rich mix of nitrogen fixers including trees.

      Thanks for posting this, Adam.

      John Warner
      Flowergarden of Madera near Fresno, California
      Handgrown flowers, plants and vegetables
      Market gardeners since 1996