Re: [fukuoka_farming] animal raising

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 19 , May 31, 2004
      a friend of mine in France have a herd of dairy goat ( alpine ) and he raise
      them free range in the montain ( he have a whole valley to himself ) after
      he milk them in the morning he let them go and when evening comes either
      they come back themselves or he call them , they can be all the way up on
      the crest but they come back .
      at home i raised 3 goats free range also , their pen and shelter was allways
      open as long they were small everything was fine but getting older they
      adventured farther and farther away and peoples complained because they were
      on the side of the road ( not that many car goes thru )so i had to keep them
      on a line .
      jean-claude

      Message 2 of 19 , May 31, 2004
        > Quick question: If we go back to hunter gathering, can we feed the entire
        > world population?
        >
        > Or do we need agriculture?

        quick answer .
        the world population is in proportion of available foods , when hunting
        gathering was the way to get food , earth had a certain number of peoples
        that could be supported , agriculture is in fact the cause of
        overpopulation .
        the real question is: do we need to continuouslly produce more foods to the
        point of exhausting the soils and compromising biodiversity , so we can give
        birth to more peoples .? when is it going to stop ?

        grain based diet will be fine except that the health status of humanity
        declined drastically with the introduction of grains (stature and brain
        sized diminished , degenerative diseases and tooth decay appeared , big
        scale violence got established etc... and more there is peoples on earth
        with a physiological sense of lack ( due to malnutrition ), more
        destruction of ecosystems will occur ...

        better get fed properlly ( in accordance with our genetic and evolution )
        and becomes mindfull of human impact on earth as the hunter gatherer "had "
        to.
        having indecent availability of foods makes us mindless about our place in
        the web of life .
        jean-claude