Re: fukuoka farming methods

  • francisco cotejo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12 2:14 PM
      I am new to this forum and is very much interested to learn how is fukuoka farming actually done. Can somebody tell me?

      By the way, I am a soil technologist, have an ongoing backyard vermicomposting project and is now conducting site preparation on a 2.1 hectare organic mango-jackfruit-banana plantation. The site is very steep and very stony (loose limestone).

      The proposed plantation is located in Argao, Cebu, Philippines.

      Francisco

      Corner Plot Vegetables <cesca@...> wrote:

      So would you just surface sow the larger seeds, peas & beans etc, and then
      cover with the existing 'straw' from the surounding plants?

      thanks
      Cesca
      UK

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Gloria C. Baikauskas
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13 9:34 AM
        We are glad to have you with us here. You might try reading the
        information in the files. Also, read about Fukuoka's methods at
        http://www.fukuokafarmingol.net There is a translation of at least
        one of Fukuoka's books in the files along with more such
        information.

        Another good place to read is http://www.soilandhealth.org in the
        agriculture library.

        After that....ask us questions. I think it would be easier that
        way.

        Gloria, Texas
      • willemhartman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 2:44 PM
          That's what I've done this year, in the middle of winter, and the
          peas are growing very well indeed. They're twice the size of the
          conventional-method ones.
          By the way I'm new to this group and to Fukuoka farming, but very
          interested. I'm trying permaculture and Bio-intensive methods. Four
          years ago I didn't know the difference between a tulip and a cabbage.

          Willem, France

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Corner Plot Vegetables"