bean & peas

  • Corner Plot Vegetables
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2004
      So would you just surface sow the larger seeds, peas & beans etc, and then
      cover with the existing 'straw' from the surounding plants?

      thanks
      Cesca
      UK
    • francisco cotejo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2004
        I am new to this forum and is very much interested to learn how is fukuoka farming actually done. Can somebody tell me?

        By the way, I am a soil technologist, have an ongoing backyard vermicomposting project and is now conducting site preparation on a 2.1 hectare organic mango-jackfruit-banana plantation. The site is very steep and very stony (loose limestone).

        The proposed plantation is located in Argao, Cebu, Philippines.

        Francisco

        Corner Plot Vegetables <cesca@...> wrote:

        So would you just surface sow the larger seeds, peas & beans etc, and then
        cover with the existing 'straw' from the surounding plants?

        thanks
        Cesca
        UK

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Gloria C. Baikauskas
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2004
          We are glad to have you with us here. You might try reading the
          information in the files. Also, read about Fukuoka's methods at
          http://www.fukuokafarmingol.net There is a translation of at least
          one of Fukuoka's books in the files along with more such
          information.

          Another good place to read is http://www.soilandhealth.org in the
          agriculture library.

          After that....ask us questions. I think it would be easier that
          way.

          Gloria, Texas
        • willemhartman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2004
            That's what I've done this year, in the middle of winter, and the
            peas are growing very well indeed. They're twice the size of the
            conventional-method ones.
            By the way I'm new to this group and to Fukuoka farming, but very
            interested. I'm trying permaculture and Bio-intensive methods. Four
            years ago I didn't know the difference between a tulip and a cabbage.

            Willem, France

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Corner Plot Vegetables"