Re: Soil and Health Library possible troubles

  • pollywog
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 19, 2004
      --- Thanks Les... I think? <G>

      Are you speaking of chucker as in the bird? Chukar? If so, I may be
      one of your pucky chucker friends, except I don't know what pucky
      means. If it means "old redheaded hillbilly", that's me! {:)

      Now, your sentiment of forget the coffee, and let's have a Bloody Mary
      (although I do adore them with extra pickled green beans instead of
      celery!) suits my present proclivities to a "T". <G>

      All fun aside, I do feel rather helpless. I asked Steve if he knew of
      anything anyone outside of Australia could do, and he knew of nothing.
      Asked the political movers and shakers in my assorted in-laws base,
      and they came up short, also.

      The idea of such a great source of information: of books many of us
      could not afford to buy (even if we could somehow find them), getting
      lost, bugs the bejeebies out of me.

      It's also the sheer work, time, and heart Steve Solomon has put in to
      this endeavor. This is not a silly hodge-podge of stuff. He's gone to
      great lengths to make this a library of useful, needed information. I
      do not follow all the sub-libraries, although now am beginning to
      delve more into them. Even at that, however; the soil, ag, health,
      homesteading libraries have so much wonderful information, insight,
      and spirit in them.

      So, to those of you, along with Les, who are checking this out,
      thanks. From all the rest of us who benefit from his work. deb

      In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, les landeck
      <offeringsoftheland@y...> wrote:

      > --- pollywog <debhlv@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > Thank You
      >
      > i pasted this on to all on to all my pucky chucker
      > friends.
      >
      > is fell into my, Good Morning Now What! hold the
      > coffee it's a Bloody Mary morning extra celery please.
      >
      > Les

    • les landeck
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 19, 2004
        Pucky as in rabbit pellets or horse pellets
        chucker spreaders of puckys
        can't remember having more than 5 bloody marys in this
        life time, just might like them better with the green
        beans.

        back to the now what problem, might be good to connect
        with the Liberians they had a lot of pull getting
        Michial Moore Bowling for Columbine book published
        they seam to have a powerful Internet exchange that
        may go world wide, speaking of that could the library
        be moved to another country on the net thats not
        involved?

        sorry for the brief response pollywog but with the new
        new field, and it all being done by hand layering
        straw, chicken pucky,mushroom compost and mulched
        fines of many kinds of tree chips even my typing
        finger is tired.

        Do Well Les

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • pollywog
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2004
          ---Thanks for the explanation- now I know I'm a chukar pucky chucker. <G>

          Have one bloody mary with pickled beans! You'll forgo the mary, and
          bug the bartender for double shots of beans. Is methane intoxicating? <G>

          Say, like the idea of getting a hold of librarians!! Steve mentioned
          to me that he and Keith like to share as much as possible, for the
          express purpose of reducing chances the books will be lost. But yeah,
          if we could have more places such as Soil and Health, and Journey to
          Forever doing this, it could only help. It would be one helluva
          undertaking, though.

          Am woefully unaware of public domain/copyright issues in other
          countries, except that Japan (Journey to Forever) can also do what
          Steve is, so far, and at least to a large degree. My biggest concern
          is if this kind of trade agreement is coming from us in the States,
          and we are going to be doing this same kind of agreement across the
          board, we might just be the ones responsible for this happening
          country by country.

          I understand about tired fingers these great days. Have been out
          mulching the bosses' peonies, getting my strawberry beds ready for
          their coming babies, checking the healing of my garden plot, making a
          raised bed plot for a shading vine out my west window (that summer sun
          beats in)... Best of all, have been happily picking-n-munching
          dandelion and nettles and sorrel and wild onions (notice? Not "ramps")
          <G>- Ah! Heaven!! Spring Is Here!! Joy Joy Joy!!! deb