Re: [fukuoka_farming] Soil and Health Library possible troubles

  • les landeck
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2004
      --- pollywog <debhlv@...> wrote:

      Thank You

      i pasted this on to all on to all my pucky chucker
      friends.

      is fell into my, Good Morning Now What! hold the
      coffee it's a Bloody Mary morning extra celery please.

      Les

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • pollywog
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 19, 2004
        --- Thanks Les... I think? <G>

        Are you speaking of chucker as in the bird? Chukar? If so, I may be
        one of your pucky chucker friends, except I don't know what pucky
        means. If it means "old redheaded hillbilly", that's me! {:)

        Now, your sentiment of forget the coffee, and let's have a Bloody Mary
        (although I do adore them with extra pickled green beans instead of
        celery!) suits my present proclivities to a "T". <G>

        All fun aside, I do feel rather helpless. I asked Steve if he knew of
        anything anyone outside of Australia could do, and he knew of nothing.
        Asked the political movers and shakers in my assorted in-laws base,
        and they came up short, also.

        The idea of such a great source of information: of books many of us
        could not afford to buy (even if we could somehow find them), getting
        lost, bugs the bejeebies out of me.

        It's also the sheer work, time, and heart Steve Solomon has put in to
        this endeavor. This is not a silly hodge-podge of stuff. He's gone to
        great lengths to make this a library of useful, needed information. I
        do not follow all the sub-libraries, although now am beginning to
        delve more into them. Even at that, however; the soil, ag, health,
        homesteading libraries have so much wonderful information, insight,
        and spirit in them.

        So, to those of you, along with Les, who are checking this out,
        thanks. From all the rest of us who benefit from his work. deb

        In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, les landeck
        <offeringsoftheland@y...> wrote:

        > --- pollywog <debhlv@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > Thank You
        >
        > i pasted this on to all on to all my pucky chucker
        > friends.
        >
        > is fell into my, Good Morning Now What! hold the
        > coffee it's a Bloody Mary morning extra celery please.
        >
        > Les

      • les landeck
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 19, 2004
          Pucky as in rabbit pellets or horse pellets
          chucker spreaders of puckys
          can't remember having more than 5 bloody marys in this
          life time, just might like them better with the green
          beans.

          back to the now what problem, might be good to connect
          with the Liberians they had a lot of pull getting
          Michial Moore Bowling for Columbine book published
          they seam to have a powerful Internet exchange that
          may go world wide, speaking of that could the library
          be moved to another country on the net thats not
          involved?

          sorry for the brief response pollywog but with the new
          new field, and it all being done by hand layering
          straw, chicken pucky,mushroom compost and mulched
          fines of many kinds of tree chips even my typing
          finger is tired.

          Do Well Les

          http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
        • pollywog
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 20, 2004
            ---Thanks for the explanation- now I know I'm a chukar pucky chucker. <G>

            Have one bloody mary with pickled beans! You'll forgo the mary, and
            bug the bartender for double shots of beans. Is methane intoxicating? <G>

            Say, like the idea of getting a hold of librarians!! Steve mentioned
            to me that he and Keith like to share as much as possible, for the
            express purpose of reducing chances the books will be lost. But yeah,
            if we could have more places such as Soil and Health, and Journey to
            Forever doing this, it could only help. It would be one helluva
            undertaking, though.

            Am woefully unaware of public domain/copyright issues in other
            countries, except that Japan (Journey to Forever) can also do what
            Steve is, so far, and at least to a large degree. My biggest concern
            is if this kind of trade agreement is coming from us in the States,
            and we are going to be doing this same kind of agreement across the
            board, we might just be the ones responsible for this happening
            country by country.

            I understand about tired fingers these great days. Have been out
            mulching the bosses' peonies, getting my strawberry beds ready for
            their coming babies, checking the healing of my garden plot, making a
            raised bed plot for a shading vine out my west window (that summer sun
            beats in)... Best of all, have been happily picking-n-munching
            dandelion and nettles and sorrel and wild onions (notice? Not "ramps")
            <G>- Ah! Heaven!! Spring Is Here!! Joy Joy Joy!!! deb