Re: [fukuoka_farming] Community vision

  • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 15, 2004
      > Thanks Jean Claude,
      > I enjoyed to share from closer your style of life and familly through you
      web site.
      > It's quite amazing for me to realise how different are our climate, and
      the outside country we live with. The large space you live with is a real
      dream from my point of view. The only large space here I can enjoy is the
      Neguev desert (and I'm going there a lot). A total different perspectiv of
      course.

      yes and the big difference is that one century ago they were no white
      peoples here just natives camping for short period to hunt and fish . the
      place was so abondant with wildlife that the white peoples could not believe
      their eyes and in a few years this place is catching up quickly with the
      devastation that arised way earlier in time in your region and later in
      europe .It is still in comparaison with the desertification of your aera an
      incredible reminder of what nature in its full potential can achieve .

      > But I'm sharing a lot of your choice. Except I'm doing much more
      compromises. With the years passing, I'm surprise to see that slowly, these
      compromises helped me to share my ideas to the people that have opposite
      ideas and behaviour about agriculture or health for exemple.

      here seems that more radical exemples of a different life style is
      appreciated , we have an incredible high quality of spirits here .
      tonigh i just saw the movie "the corporation " www.the corporation.com
      prented by the codirector and editor who are living in an other island
      nearby. peoples here are keen to act on it . hope you get to see it ,it is
      not yet outside of canada but soon will be inthe states , europe and
      probably israel.

      > Best wishes on your path and possible future community
      > Beatrice
      thanks for the support .
      jean-claude
    • lucia@lrw.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2004
        I'm looking to learn something about permaculture.
        what books would you recommend to start with?

        Lucia
      • Robin, Maya, or Napi
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25, 2004
          Dear Ingrid & Jean-Claude,

          Thank you for introducing us to your vision & to your family.

          Have you been reading
          <http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Proposal/Palaces_For_The_People.html> ? It was
          introduced here by Jamie some while back. At first it may seem that the Palaces
          to have little to do with Fukuokan life choices; the founder / inventor /
          designer / engineer of the Palaces did not at first find much connection with
          the Fukuoka newsgroup members who looked into the Palaces group. As with any
          two things compared, the more the similarities are emphasized, & the goals
          focused, the more any two important ideas resonate with each other.

          The intense market farming on the outskirts of the community in the Palace
          plan is, *at least at first*, not the same as the Fukuokan farming / gardening
          option that becomes ever-more possible in the personal lives & personal space of
          the resident families of the Palace. Although some individual farmers may chose
          one way, some another, some might chose to compare several methods or
          combinations by allowing for different ways among their fields.

          From Fukuoka-san: "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops,
          but the cultivation and perfection of human beings." The Palaces will be, as
          your community will be, built by some who are seekers of ultimate crop growing,
          & by some who are seekers of the fruit of cultivated human beings, in the
          naturally fertile growth-environment.

          Fukuoka personifies an element needed for perfection of civilization, the
          Palaces are needed for survival of the species (ours & others).
          Peace,
          Napi