Re: Soil Regeneration and pH

  • pollywog
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
      ---I know I beat this horse far too much, but I do have to say I do
      not worry about pH. The more organic material is in my soil, the most
      forgiving I find the plants and soil to be in that regard.

      This does not completely cover plants that truly need highly acidic or
      neutral soils, but then, I prefer to grow the natives, anyway. <G>

      However, I do "stand on my stand" of organic quantity being a very
      good "cushion" for differing pH soil levels.

      I took a look at a soil survey map of my area- the different types of
      soils are across the board. In checking out the soils on these few
      thousand acres I have access to, I find every kind of "pH specific"
      plant and inherent soil.

      I do my wildgardening, along with my domestic gardening, and many
      gradiations between the two. I truly have to say that my experience
      is: get the soil healthy and full of good organic matter and critters,
      you might be surprised at the range of "pH specific" plants you can
      grow just fine. deb

      In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "francois daoust"
      <francois_daoust@h...> wrote:
      > It is funny, i was just thinking about this concept these days. Like
      Gloria