Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Bogus email, updating the website, and other stuff>now what I am doing

  • Larry Haftl
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      > Okay, Larry......Here's a bit of an update on what I am trying to do
      > here in Venus, TX.

      Hi Gloria,

      Sounds like your growing season is doing just that... Did you ever use those
      seeds I sent you?

      A though about your Queen Ann's Lace... seems to me you are doing the right
      thing... watching what's going on in your garden and trying to
      understand/learn from what you are seeing. Trying to do what the garden
      seems to be telling you to do. Will you make "mistakes"? Sure. But then so
      does everyone else including Mother Nature. Evolution is, after all, a
      matter of trial and "error". I suspect that if the Lace was overwhelming the
      garden we wouldn't be having this discussion. The Lace would be turning into
      mulch as we write. But since it has not become oppressive then perhaps
      leaving it gives you an interesting condition to observe. Or cut some and
      leave some and see what happens. If MN can mess about with the ecosystem why
      can't we?

      Glad to hear David's got a good job again. Hope he isn't too bothered by
      long communtes.

      Even though I don't have an acre of prime land to play with I think I'll
      have some fun with the local floras and faunas. Got three city lots, all
      next to each other, to play with. Unfortunately, all three lots have a tall
      building on it, so sunlight is hit and miss. Oh well, just that many more
      microclimates to tinker with. Also unfortunately most of my time is
      committed to getting ready for the upcoming boat trip, which makes long-term
      garden planning/doing somewhat delicate. I get four months of prime growing
      time and then off we go around the Great Loop for a year.

      Larry Haftl
      larry@...
      http://LarryHaftl.com
      http://FukuokaFarmingOL.net