RE: [fukuoka_farming] New member intro

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi, Christine! I'm new too, so maybe I should introduce myself also...

      My name is Carol, and I live in Santa Cruz, California, where I have
      (unfortunately) no land to call my own or dirt to dig. I do, however, do
      lots and lots of reading about organic gardening and related things in
      preparation for the day when I do have a place to put my book-learnin to
      some use. Topics I'm especially fond of include earthworms, heirloom
      varieties, probiotics for plants, seedballs, and recently, cellulosic
      ethanol.

      I also produce an agriculture/food radio program, so that keeps me in touch
      with lots of interesting stuff. I'm hoping to do a show on Mr. Fukuoka
      before the year is out.

      :)
      Carol

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
        Hi, Carol. Check out Jim Bones' website
        www.seedballs.com. There you will find out that
        Fukuoka is living, what he is up to these days, as
        well as be able to read an interview with him. c.

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • Carol
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
          Yes, I've been to Jim Bones' site, and I like it, but I find it hard to know
          how up to date the information about Mr. Fukuoka is. It says it's all
          copyright 1995 & 1996, so unless there are more recent parts of the site
          that I missed, it's hard to tell. I wrote to Jim Bones back in March, but I
          never got a reply. Maybe I should try again.

          Carol

        • Okinori Taniguchi
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2001
            >Hi, Christine, Carol & all ! I'm new too, so maybe I should introduce
            >myself also...
            >
            >My name is Okinori, and I live in Kyoto, Japan where I have
            >(unfortunately) no land to call my own or dirt to dig.

            I'm a researcher of the enviromental design and an enviromental
            designer-to-be, even I'm
            60 years old.

            Mr. Fukuoka has published a new book in Japanese, if I literally
            translate the title in English,
            it is " The Revolution of One Straw (General Compilation)- Traveling with
            Seed Balls."
            There are included many photos of his around the world with seed balls.
            The contents of it :
            http://www.infomadonna.ne.jp/~ham/book.htm

            http://www.infomadonna.ne.jp/~ham/tane_out4.htm

            /*-----------------------------------------------
            Okinori Taniguchi

            Environmental Design Department
            Osaka Sangyo University

            3-1-1 Nakagaito,Daitoshi,
            Osaka, Japan 574-8530
            http://www.edd.osaka-sandai.ac.jp/~o-tanig/indexe.html
            o-tanig@...-sandai.ac.jp
            tel: 81 720 75 3001 fax: 81 720 70 7857
            ---------------------------------------------------*/
          • Bargyla Rateaver
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2001
              again, SOIL is the answer, the clue.Why is it so hard for people to accept
              that?
              =====

              Carol wrote:

              > Hi, Christine! I'm new too, so maybe I should introduce myself also...
              >
              > My name is Carol, and I live in Santa Cruz, California, where I have
              > (unfortunately) no land to call my own or dirt to dig. I do, however, do
              > lots and lots of reading about organic gardening and related things in
              > preparation for the day when I do have a place to put my book-learnin to
              > some use. Topics I'm especially fond of include earthworms, heirloom
              > varieties, probiotics for plants, seedballs, and recently, cellulosic
              > ethanol.
              >
              > I also produce an agriculture/food radio program, so that keeps me in touch
              > with lots of interesting stuff. I'm hoping to do a show on Mr. Fukuoka
              > before the year is out.
              >
              > :)
              > Carol

              Bargyla Rateaver
              http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver
            • Carol
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2001
                Hi, Okinori :) and thanks for the links! It's good to hear that Mr.
                Fukuoka is still around and still busy. What a guy!

                Carol