Fw: [energyresources] Don't like the price? Don't pay it!

  • John Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
      From: Tom Robertson
      To: EnergyResources
      Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 11:25 AM
      Subject: [energyresources] Don't like the price? Don't pay it!

      ~~~~~~~~ EnergyResources Moderator Comment ~~~~~~~~~

      Folks:

      A friend just sent me the following

      ~~~~~ EnergyResources Moderator Tom Robertson ~~~~~~

      Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:01 PM

      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Subject: Lower gas prices
> [...]

      >BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
      >work.
      >
      >Please read it and join with us .By now you're probably thinking gasoline
      >priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for
      >regular unleaded in my town Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
      >nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is
      >CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that
      >BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers. With the price of gasoline
      >going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
      >are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the
      >pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting
      >ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying
      >gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to
      >force
      >a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY
      >gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and
      >MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce
      >their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
      >follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
      >Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp
      >out
      >on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to
      >reach millions of people I am sending this note to about thirty people. If
      >each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 == 300) .. and those 300
      >send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 == 3,000)...and so on, by the time
      >the
      >message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over
      >THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this
      >on
      >to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it
      >goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
      >
      >Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
      >don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
      >send
      >this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.
      >
      >How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
      >more
      >people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably
      >be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and
      >had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.
      >If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
      >PLEASE HOLD OUT
      >UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS

      Your message didn't show up on the list? Complaints or compliments?
      Drop me (Tom Robertson) a note at t1r@...

    • Golden Love
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
        Get a bike, live close to work, take the bus, then you can forget the
        pricing and monopolistic structures. I sold my truck and have saved over
        $600 per month on insurance, payments, gas, towing service, maintenance,
        etc.

        Golden Love

        Love's Gardens

        Member American Society of Consulting Arborists

        California Contractor's License C27-363672

        127 National St.

        Santa Cruz, CA 95060-6516

        Phone (831) 471-9100

        Fax (831) 471-9200

        Home (831) 466-3405

        goldenlove@...

        Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 1:01 PM

        To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
> [...]

        >send
        >this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
        mathematician.

        >How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
        >more
        >people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
        conceivably
        >be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you
        and
        >had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a
        difference.
        >If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
        >PLEASE HOLD OUT
        >UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS
        >CAN REALLY WORK.

        Your message didn't show up on the list? Complaints or compliments?

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links