www.sacbee.com - Rising imports of fresh veggies squeeze out California farmers

  • John Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
      Hello Fukuokans,

      Here's a story originating from Fresno, CA, where we market gardeners have
      been wondering what's going wrong with our businesses.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
        > Hello Fukuokans,
        >
        > Here's a story originating from Fresno, CA, where we market gardeners have
        > been wondering what's going wrong with our businesses.

        there is no future for true farmers ( respecting the soil and biodiversity )
        in capitalist economy . farmers are an hindrance to that syteme of exchange
        .It is a long history of that trend and more recently more and more rules
        are created by governments that give farmers having harder and harder if
        not impossible times.

        organisations such " community supported agriculture" are going to become
        vital to propose an alternative to the corporatism of food production .
        personally i resolve the struggle by letting go of my commercial organic
        farmer 's status .I am engaged now in a cooperative garden with no
        commercial objective a part from providing to its members quality foods .

        that way there is an opening to diversified crops instead of growing what is
        going to sale the most efficiently on this big scale market .

        jean-claude