Re: Natural Farmers in Oz

  • animaphile
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 8, 2004
      Actually it is Jason from Maap country S.E. Oz, nevermind.
      Thanks for the reply, yes i'd agree that the history is different to
      natural farming but the philosophy and practice integrated together
      are the same nowadays in terms of Fukuoka as the example of Natural
      Farming to compare with so called hunter gatherers in Oz. Better
      described equably in modern or scientific-informed english english
      as ecosystem managers or in aboriginal english as people caring for
      country.

      Please read
      http://www.mcauley.acu.edu.au/~yuri/readings/charlesworth.htm
      for an in english fairly fair treatment of Oz Indigenous people's
      philosophy and the past history of establishment and anthropologist
      whitefulla's self-lies and projection in trying to understand Indij
      Oz 'blackfulla's'. it has taken 200 years or so (until recently) for
      whitefulla's officially (exceptions of course are whitefulla's who
      shared their lives with 'blackfulla's) to start to fairly or equably
      understand Indij Oz 'blackfulla's civilisations, many of them and
      their languages, cultures, religions, variety of land management
      practices, foods, highly advanced social systems - more advanced
      than any european social systems, and so on.

      On subject that is important to me in the comparison we are
      discussing is the big lie about agriculture: first this words'
      history and etymology is from tilling the soil (agrarian and farming
      are not words that come from meanings of tilling soil, they mean to
      be out in the field...), culture and cultivated when used in english
      as an exclusive, elitist or prejudiced term is based on the
      pretension that people who till the soil are superior and more
      civilised than people who don't - a very big lie and a super-
      simplification also. (What have english farmers who practice no-till
      farming done toady - have they suddenly within their lifetimes
      become inferior humans and less civilised, i hope this point bemuses
      you the reader, furthermore have their societies as a whole become
      less civilised because of this, it is/was alot of self-serving
      racist or prejudiced and uninformed rot when people for example
      english have said this type of thing). In healing the earth today
      outcomes are equally as important as purposes and the philosophy.

      More later, gotta move
      see ya - jyaa-ne
      Jason Stewart

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Adam Carter <accarter@i...>

    • LESLIEANDMARC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 8, 2004
        Please unsubscribe us for the New Year....Thanks....