wild food of California
- interesting mushroom site.
this site is very complete for identification http://www.mycolog.com/index.html
i herad the author presenting its slide show and himself don't eat mushroon as he consider them having enough toxins to create problems even the commercial mushroom. it is interesting because in France there is also a well known mycologist who think the same way about the edibility of mushroom.
My self have been an avid mushroom hunter in the pyrennees and ate a lot of species and often, but when i switched to instinctive eating i realised that i had no instinctive attraction to raw mushroom in their natural state , only seasonned raw mushrom can be eaten with great pleasure ( i had a great experience while getting out of a fast ) .
now i don't eat any mushroom or very rarelly .
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]