Preliminary to Discussion of Fukuoka's "The Ultimatum of God Nature: The One Straw Revolution"

  • Robert Monie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2003
      Hi Everybody,

      Only a few of us have been lucky enough to read Fukuoka's "The Ultimatum..." so it might be appropriate to share the content of this book with other list members. Fukuoka reveals in this book a remarkable balance between trained scientist and exploratory philosopher. His discussion of seed balls and rhizobia is especially captivating.

      As a preamble to discussion it might be worthwhile to read a very brief scientific paper on pelletizing seed (in this case alfalfa) to compare what the scientific establishment is doing with the concept and what Fukuoka wants to do. (There is a fair amount of correspondence between the two approaches at the technical level).

      See Dr. Richard Leep's "Coated Alfalfa Seed, is it worth it" at
      http://www.msue.msu.edu/fis/extension_documents/Coated_Alfalfa_Seed.htm

      More to come...

      Hope everybody joins in the discussion of this book (especailly those who have received copies).

      Bob Monie South Louisiana

    • William Yong
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2003
        Hi All,

        If there is no English language version of "The
        Ultimatum" currently available how about if a group of
        list members is organised to produce an electronic
        version that we could circulate via the list? With a
        bit of coordination it would only take some
        photocopied pages, a scanner for any illustrations and
        a few willing typists. I for one would be happy to
        take my share of the workload.

        What do you all think?

        W i l l

        --- Robert Monie <bobm20001@...> wrote: > Hi
        Everybody,

        > Only a few of us have been lucky enough to read
        > Fukuoka's "The Ultimatum..." so it might be
        > appropriate to share the content of this book with
        > other list members. Fukuoka reveals in this book a
        > remarkable balance between trained scientist and
        > exploratory philosopher. His discussion of seed
        > balls and rhizobia is especially captivating.
        >
        > As a preamble to discussion it might be worthwhile
        > to read a very brief scientific paper on pelletizing
        > seed (in this case alfalfa) to compare what the
        > scientific establishment is doing with the concept
        > and what Fukuoka wants to do. (There is a fair
        > amount of correspondence between the two approaches
        > at the technical level).
        >
        > See Dr. Richard Leep's "Coated Alfalfa Seed, is it
        > worth it" at

        http://www.msue.msu.edu/fis/extension_documents/Coated_Alfalfa_Seed.htm

        > More to come...
        >
        > Hope everybody joins in the discussion of this book
        > (especailly those who have received copies).
        >
        > Bob Monie South Louisiana

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • les landeck
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2003
          Hi William,

          i agree but copy right rules apply. the question may
          be could a book be placed on line that you had to pay
          for to gain axis to read or possibly print? is there a
          way to protect the writers?

          Les

          --- William Yong <will_yong@...> wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > If there is no English language version of "The
          > Ultimatum" currently available how about if a group
          > of
          > list members is organised to produce an electronic
          > version that we could circulate via the list? With a
          > bit of coordination it would only take some
          > photocopied pages, a scanner for any illustrations
          > and
          > a few willing typists. I for one would be happy to
          > take my share of the workload.
          >
          > What do you all think?
          >
          > W i l l
          >

          > --- Robert Monie <bobm20001@...> wrote: > Hi
          > Everybody,
          > >
          > > Only a few of us have been lucky enough to read
          > > Fukuoka's "The Ultimatum..." so it might be
          > > appropriate to share the content of this book with
          > > other list members. Fukuoka reveals in this book a
          > > remarkable balance between trained scientist and
          > > exploratory philosopher. His discussion of seed
          > > balls and rhizobia is especially captivating.
          > >
          > > As a preamble to discussion it might be worthwhile
          > > to read a very brief scientific paper on
          > pelletizing
          > > seed (in this case alfalfa) to compare what the
          > > scientific establishment is doing with the concept
          > > and what Fukuoka wants to do. (There is a fair
          > > amount of correspondence between the two
          > approaches
          > > at the technical level).
          > >
          > > See Dr. Richard Leep's "Coated Alfalfa Seed, is it
          > > worth it" at

          http://www.msue.msu.edu/fis/extension_documents/Coated_Alfalfa_Seed.htm

          > > More to come...
          > >
          > > Hope everybody joins in the discussion of this
          > book
          > > (especailly those who have received copies).
          > >
          > > Bob Monie South Louisiana

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/