RE: [fukuoka_farming] Ducks for the garden

  • Sergio Montinola
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear All,

      There are chickens now that feed on pasture grass and
      vegetation. They also help iradicate insects and
      pests.

      They are delicious and healthier to eat when matured.

      Cheers,
      Sergio J. Montinola

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      http://companion.yahoo.com/
    • Adam Carter
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hello Sergio,

        > There are chickens now that feed on pasture grass and
        > vegetation. They also help iradicate insects and
        > pests.

        Do you mean that they don't need any grain? What type of chickens are
        these?

        Thanks,
        Adam.
      • Sergio Montinola
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
          Dear Adam,

          Yes, they do not beed on grain at all. Grasses and
          vegetation is all they feed on.

          In the Philippines, the chicks are available for $0.75
          US dollar per chick. Its called SASO bred and
          developed in France.

          They are hardy and can grow on a grass pasture. They
          are very healthy to eat and good tasting.

          Hope this will help you.

          Serge Montinola

          P.S. Go to the Internet and you will probably get more
          information.