Re: [fukuoka_farming] Why Fukuoka

  • GLORIA BAIKAUSKAS
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2002
      I know what you mean I think. Man is a part of Nature, but he has forgotten much of that. To me being a gardener/farmer.....whatever the label.....is my way of being a part of Nature once again. In this I mean feeling its pulse, relaxing in the sun, and relishing the early dew and a delicious rain.

      I think it is that oneness we all miss, and so we try to connect in this way Fukuoka has expressed. He is so good at saying people aren't understanding him and what he is trying to teach. Nature can do this on its own if we just give it the chance to do so, yet it allows us to be a part of the process in a small way if we listen.

      Gloria
      Texas