Re: [fukuoka_farming] (unknown)

  • Jim Bones
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 12, 2002
      Excellent Robert, Hip! Hip!

      Mr. Fukuoka repeatedly said, do not think too much. Just do it (make
      seed balls and try natural farming) and nature will teach you what you
      need to know. It is impossible to reduce nothing less than everything
      to a formula.

      Sincerely,

      Jim Bones
    • GLORIA BAIKAUSKAS
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 12, 2002
        Isn't that a large part of the problem? We don't listen to nature anymore. Humans I think think they determine nature somehow.

        People used to listen to nature before they had electronic means to tell them what it was saying ( to a certain extent anyway). Now they take a hint from nature and turn it into a nightmare.

        Gloria
        Texas

      • Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1 12:35 AM
          > Out here - our communities and our people - we were in heaven. It was
          > good. We had our medicines; we had more medicines going than the
          > Whitefella. They found out we had more tucker, more vegetables
          > growing than the Whitefella. But they, in their wilful way, wanted
          > more LAND.

          That is what the neolithic mind forgot , more we adventured into farming
          crops more we got stuck in thinking that it require lot of effort to eat
          enough. AN it is interesting to note that since then , it never had been
          enough.
          that is what happens when your body is physiologically undernourished for
          having chosen and eaten the wrongs foods , you want more and more .
          by having worked hard at selecting plants to makes them easy to eat (
          interesting by the way , that our plant breeder here is christian ) we lost
          their power to feed us proprelly.

          the trend of making foods easier and easier to be produced ( is it really
          easier?) and eaten is going so far nowadays that we reached the summum in
          taste blandness and unnourishing quality .
          too bad that Masanobu didn't push farther the reflexion on what makes us
          distinguish a crop from a weed

          about the christian mindset ,
          I told i think my hurt of seeing what was my church ( a beautifull trail
          bordered with filberts leading to an abandonned orchard that fed me for
          years ) becoming an ugly christian church surrounded by a parking lot
          with few landscaping bushes in concrete pots . i suppose that is what they
          got from christ advice to not worry about what enter the mouth .

          jean-claude
        • animaphile
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1 3:57 AM
            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
            Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:

            > > Out here - our communities and our people - we were in heaven.
            It was good. We had our medicines; we had more medicines going than
            the Whitefella. They found out we had more tucker, more vegetables
            growing than the Whitefella. But they, in their wilful way, wanted
            more LAND.

            > That is what the neolithic mind forgot , more we adventured into
            farming crops more we got stuck in thinking that it require lot of
            effort to eat enough. AN it is interesting to note that since then ,
            it never had been enough.
            > that is what happens when your body is physiologically
            undernourished for having chosen and eaten the wrongs foods , you
            want more and more .
            > by having worked hard at selecting plants to makes them easy to
            eat ( interesting by the way , that our plant breeder here is
            christian ) we lost their power to feed us proprelly.

            > the trend of making foods easier and easier to be produced ( is it
            really easier?) and eaten is going so far nowadays that we reached
            the summum in taste blandness and unnourishing quality .
            > too bad that Masanobu didn't push farther the reflexion on what
            makes us distinguish a crop from a weed

            > about the christian mindset ,
            > I told i think my hurt of seeing what was my church ( a
            beautifull trail bordered with filberts leading to an abandonned
            orchard that fed me for years ) becoming an ugly christian church
            surrounded by a parking lot with few landscaping bushes in concrete
            pots . i suppose that is what they got from christ advice to not
            worry about what enter the mouth .

            > jean-claude

            Fake-Christian is what you described above, as compared honest
            Christians. honest Christian's God is in their heart as many i know
            have said to me, not in the church buildings. And God is never been
            honestly described as a being in a material place called heaven,
            honestly described christian god is everywhere, this is what is
            really in the Jewish old testament and the christian new testament,
            It was the translation into the only a few hundred years old
            language of modern English which is a Military-Heirarchy-
            Institutional-Materialism-Reductionistic Society Language that
            reduced the meaning. Language and culture co-evolve and reflect each
            other. This English language as compared to Japanese & to Indig' Oz
            & to my non-verbal wholistic mind is what i've been commenting about
            and struggling with on this. We all make the future and to the
            extent that i speak and mentally process seriously in English i
            participate in making the language a better future and the W.E.
            culture with it!

            There is a difference between fake or false christians whose loyalty
            is first to their society and its heirarchy even if this is
            conditioned in their growing up and now as adults subconscious in
            their psychology and secondly they may believe in Jesus, who
            specifically disavowed social heirarchies, pharisees, kings,
            powerful and went to be with the most down to earth, most
            materialistically poor, sickest, most depraved, most dispossessed,
            most disenfranchised and so on such as lepers, prostitutes, in
            jail ... to get his learning and to give love. Compared to honest
            Christians who disavow heirarchy, power, domination, materialism and
            so on. The outrage at the lies of hierarchical, materialism-
            dominated false-Christians and their submission to human
            authorities - 'false gods' is one my motivations, this is one reason
            why so many of these so called churches no nothing of Fukuoka and
            how resonant his practice of food economy and philosophy is with
            honest Christianity. There are some minority W.E. (eg. from british
            isles) non-heirarchical, non-materialist, non-institutional
            Christian faiths, they remain quiet, personal and practical in their
            expressions rather then public, publishing in media and doctrinal.
            They are like Buddhism in this and many practices and understandings
            of what is honest simple human-nature and that they don't advertise
            themselves publically, and i will not here advertise their groups
            names publically.

            Thanks and Love,
            Jason
            Animaphile
          • Sergio Montinola
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 2 4:51 PM
              Dear Ingrid,

              Your concern of the church is purely a material one. It never was the intention. A spiritual life is for eternity, material life is temporary.

              Keep study and research,
              Sergio J. Montinola

              Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <instinct@...> wrote:

              > Out here - our communities and our people - we were in heaven. It was
              > good. We had our medicines; we had more medicines going than the
              > Whitefella. They found out we had more tucker, more vegetables
              > growing than the Whitefella. But they, in their wilful way, wanted
              > more LAND.

              That is what the neolithic mind forgot , more we adventured into farming
              crops more we got stuck in thinking that it require lot of effort to eat
              enough. AN it is interesting to note that since then , it never had been
              enough.
              that is what happens when your body is physiologically undernourished for
              having chosen and eaten the wrongs foods , you want more and more .
              by having worked hard at selecting plants to makes them easy to eat (
              interesting by the way , that our plant breeder here is christian ) we lost
              their power to feed us proprelly.

              the trend of making foods easier and easier to be produced ( is it really
              easier?) and eaten is going so far nowadays that we reached the summum in
              taste blandness and unnourishing quality .
              too bad that Masanobu didn't push farther the reflexion on what makes us
              distinguish a crop from a weed

              about the christian mindset ,
              I told i think my hurt of seeing what was my church ( a beautifull trail
              bordered with filberts leading to an abandonned orchard that fed me for
              years ) becoming an ugly christian church surrounded by a parking lot
              with few landscaping bushes in concrete pots . i suppose that is what they
              got from christ advice to not worry about what enter the mouth .

              jean-claude

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • animaphile
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2 8:59 PM
                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Sergio Montinola
                <sjmosprey2001@y...> wrote:
                > Dear Ingrid,
                >
                > Your concern of the church is purely a material one. It never was
                the intention. A spiritual life is for eternity, material life is
                temporary.

                > Sergio J. Montinola

                Thanks Sergio,
                you DO NOT seem like the many false Christians i personally know in
                Oz. Of course, spirit and matter are indivisible, as you know. If
                matter can be conceived of alone then it must be only as a
                subordinate concept of spirit. Spirit is a superordinate concept that
                is inclusive of matter, of course.

                Beauty Sergio and all,
                Jason Stewart
                Anima-phile

                > Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <instinct@s...> wrote:
                >
                > > Out here - our communities and our people - we were in heaven. It
                was
                > > good. We had our medicines; we had more medicines going than the
                > > Whitefella. They found out we had more tucker, more vegetables
                > > growing than the Whitefella. But they, in their wilful way, wanted
                > > more LAND.
                >
                > That is what the neolithic mind forgot , more we adventured into
                farming crops more we got stuck in thinking that it require lot of
                effort to eat enough. AN it is interesting to note that since then ,
                it never had been enough.
                > that is what happens when your body is physiologically
                undernourished for having chosen and eaten the wrongs foods , you
                want more and more .
                > by having worked hard at selecting plants to makes them easy to eat
                ( interesting by the way , that our plant breeder here is christian )
                we lost their power to feed us proprelly.

                > the trend of making foods easier and easier to be produced ( is it
                really easier?) and eaten is going so far nowadays that we reached
                the summum in taste blandness and unnourishing quality .
                > too bad that Masanobu didn't push farther the reflexion on what
                makes us distinguish a crop from a weed

                > about the christian mindset , I told i think my hurt of seeing what
                was my church ( a beautifull trail bordered with filberts leading to
                an abandonned orchard that fed me for years ) becoming an ugly
                christian church surrounded by a parking lot with few landscaping
                bushes in concrete pots . i suppose that is what they got from christ
                advice to not worry about what enter the mouth .

                > jean-claude
              • Sergio Montinola
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 3 3:37 PM
                  Dear Ingrid,

                  The spirit and soul of man is what makes us different from all things and beings in this world.

                  While the spirit is "subordinate" in matter in our life, it will continue to live after life. This is what we believe as a Christian, followers of Jesus Christ and as a Catholic Christian we believe in the sanctity of the Holy Roman Catholic Church of Jesus Christ as the moral guiardian and an infallible appointed Pope when it comes to "faith and morals".

                  This gives meaning and purpose to our "material" life on earth. The existence of heaven and hell is the final and only purpose of the way we live our life on earth. Our spirit (soul) will continue to live for eternity whether in heaven or in hell as our material life will determine and merit. This is all what life means to us.

                  Thanks for the response.
                  Sergio

                  <sjmosprey2001@y...> wrote:
                  > Dear Ingrid,
                  >
                  > Your concern of the church is purely a material one. It never was
                  the intention. A spiritual life is for eternity, material life is
                  temporary.

                  > Sergio J. Montinola

                  Thanks Sergio,
                  you DO NOT seem like the many false Christians i personally know in
                  Oz. Of course, spirit and matter are indivisible, as you know. If
                  matter can be conceived of alone then it must be only as a
                  subordinate concept of spirit. Spirit is a superordinate concept that
                  is inclusive of matter, of course.

                  Beauty Sergio and all,
                  Jason Stewart
                  Anima-phile

                  > Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <instinct@s...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Out here - our communities and our people - we were in heaven. It
                  was
                  > > good. We had our medicines; we had more medicines going than the
                  > > Whitefella. They found out we had more tucker, more vegetables
                  > > growing than the Whitefella. But they, in their wilful way, wanted
                  > > more LAND.
                  >
                  > That is what the neolithic mind forgot , more we adventured into
                  farming crops more we got stuck in thinking that it require lot of
                  effort to eat enough. AN it is interesting to note that since then ,
                  it never had been enough.
                  > that is what happens when your body is physiologically
                  undernourished for having chosen and eaten the wrongs foods , you
                  want more and more .
                  > by having worked hard at selecting plants to makes them easy to eat
                  ( interesting by the way , that our plant breeder here is christian )
                  we lost their power to feed us proprelly.

                  > the trend of making foods easier and easier to be produced ( is it
                  really easier?) and eaten is going so far nowadays that we reached
                  the summum in taste blandness and unnourishing quality .
                  > too bad that Masanobu didn't push farther the reflexion on what
                  makes us distinguish a crop from a weed

                  > about the christian mindset , I told i think my hurt of seeing what
                  was my church ( a beautifull trail bordered with filberts leading to
                  an abandonned orchard that fed me for years ) becoming an ugly
                  christian church surrounded by a parking lot with few landscaping
                  bushes in concrete pots . i suppose that is what they got from christ
                  advice to not worry about what enter the mouth .

                  > jean-claude

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT