Re: Subject: golden seal

  • Judy Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2003
      Hi Lucia
      I grow goldenseal here in southern Indiana--or more accurately, I am lucky
      enough to have the perfect habitat for goldenseal to thrive. Here is a link
      to the national agroforestry commission's website on goldenseal:
      http://www.unl.edu/nac/afnotes/ff-5/ff-5.txt
      I can also draw some excellent growing info for you from Richo Cech's
      Growing At-Risk Medicinal Herbs, if you are interested. Just give my clumsy
      typing fingers a few days to key it in!
      If you have specific questions on cultivating, harvesting, or using
      goldenseal medicinally, please let me know. It is one of my favorite
      wildlings and I love to help it grow!
      Judy Phillips

      > I'm interested in learning more about growing golden seal. does anyone
      > here know about this?
      >
      > lucia
    • Lucia Ruedenberg Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2003
        hi Judy - thank you for the helpful pointers to growing golden seal and I
        am sorry for my delay in getting back to you. my mind has been crowded
        with so many tasks this past month! I would very much appreciate seeing
        whatever info you can draw from Richo Cech's site, when you have the
        chance!

        I am hoping my farm might be able to support golden seal. I'll certainly
        give it a try. I will need to find seedlings, or starters.

        Lucia

        On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Judy Phillips wrote:

        > Hi Lucia
        > I grow goldenseal here in southern Indiana--or more accurately, I am lucky
        > enough to have the perfect habitat for goldenseal to thrive. Here is a link
        > to the national agroforestry commission's website on goldenseal:
        > http://www.unl.edu/nac/afnotes/ff-5/ff-5.txt
        > I can also draw some excellent growing info for you from Richo Cech's
        > Growing At-Risk Medicinal Herbs, if you are interested. Just give my clumsy
        > typing fingers a few days to key it in!
        > If you have specific questions on cultivating, harvesting, or using
        > goldenseal medicinally, please let me know. It is one of my favorite
        > wildlings and I love to help it grow!
        > Judy Phillips
        >

        > > I'm interested in learning more about growing golden seal. does anyone
        > > here know about this?
        > >
        > > lucia

        -lucia
        http://lrw.net
        "No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust
        it all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one
        exactly the functions he is competent to. It is by dividing and
        subdividing these republics from the national one down through all its
        subordinations, until it ends in the administration of every man's farm by
        himself; by placing under every one what his own eye may superintend, that
        all will be done for the best".
        -- Thomas Jefferson, to Joseph Cabell, 1816

        () ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
        /\ - against microsoft attachments
      • francois daoust
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2003
          Hi i went to visit a biodynamic medicinal plant farm this summer and saw
          they where growing golden seal under a ''shading net'' in a quite cold area,
          -Canada 4b- surely not golden seal area. They said it was doing good. I
          suppose you don't already need a forest to grow it. Under dense vines could
          be an interesting place if somebody didn,t have a forest on their land.

          Good luck

          Fran´┐Żois