Wong......Seedballs

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2003
      HS.....Glad to see you here.

      Would you please explain the process you use to make your seedballs?
      Many of the folks on this list have had problems....read not had
      success with them. I think your use of EMs might be one of the keys
      that would help them.

      Folks, HS has a very large free range chicken operation in Malaysia.
      He uses......well......he can tell you what he uses seedballs for
      better than I can. His chickens are very healthy.....and he has
      found something that works well to fight and cure the poultry
      diseases plaguing us all these days.

      Gloria
    • HS Wong
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2003
        Gloria,
        I use laterite earth, compost, the seeds and mix it up
        with liquid EM. I do not store the balls for later
        use. As soon as the balls are ready, maybe in a day
        or two, I will place them out into the fields.
        However, I ALWAYS seed during rainy seasons. In my
        experience, seed balls dry out very fast due to the
        lack of protection from sun, wind and low humidity,
        and will not work without regular watering (more than
        normal) or without some form of cover (eg mulch of
        dried grass, etc.). But if seeded during rainy
        season, my rate of success is high, and the savings in
        labour is worthwhile.

        Regards

        HS

        --- "Gloria C. Baikauskas" <gcb49@...> wrote:
        > HS.....Glad to see you here.
        >
        > Would you please explain the process you use to make
        > your seedballs?
        > Many of the folks on this list have had
        > problems....read not had
        > success with them. I think your use of EMs might be
        > one of the keys
        > that would help them.
        >
        > Folks, HS has a very large free range chicken
        > operation in Malaysia.
        > He uses......well......he can tell you what he uses
        > seedballs for
        > better than I can. His chickens are very
        > healthy.....and he has
        > found something that works well to fight and cure
        > the poultry
        > diseases plaguing us all these days.
        >
        > Gloria

        =====