Re: [fukuoka_farming] summer harvest

  • hmcieremans@wanadoo.nl
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2003
      Hi all,

      thank you all for your interesting and inspiring contributions to this list!

      Here's some fruit I've been picking this summer, in my backyard and in the
      wild:
      May, June: cherries;
      June, July: strawberries (garden & wild), red & black currant and other
      Ribes spp., various raspberries, plums; wild blueberries, brambles;
      Aug/Sep: More brambles; grapes (blue & white), apples & pears, and various
      wild berries from trees & shrubs
      (rosehips, elderberry, Sorbus aucuparia, black cherry, Prunus spinosa,
      Viburnum, Hippophae, cranberry, taxus)
      The peach tree in the garden had a couple of fruits for the first time in
      years (it's quite a cold climate here for them), but I don't know what
      became of them, since I moved away from there...

      Green greetz,
      Malika
      The Netherlands

      http://www.wanadoo.nl/