OT - Larry´s Back and everybody´s Back

  • Zack Domike
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 10:11 AM
      Larry mentioned that he was out with back pain, and I
      would like to caution all of you that use computers
      while in a SEATED position. The pressure in the
      lumbar spine is 100 psi standing, as opposed to 300
      psi seated. This has to do with the unequal loading
      that occurs from the legs bent with the stomach slack.

      Over my three decade architectural career, and
      currently as an Iyengar yoga teacher, I have found it
      helps everybody to stop sitting. It is worthwhile to
      change furniture, eliminate the chair, raise the
      computer on a table top, preferably at eye level, with
      the keyboard at about kitchen counter height.

      If you rarely sit, your back will be perfect. More
      details later about alternative stools for your feet,
      not your seat. If this is toooooo off topic, complain
      but from a standing position, OK?
      Zachary

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com