Re: [fukuoka_farming] Acacia

  • burt levy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      For information on the Black Wattle, type in Black
      Wattle acacia and hit search. There is a bunch of web
      sites describing it and it's uses. Apparently it is a
      native Australian tree. Since Mr. Fukuoka doesn't use
      the scientific name, I'm pretty sure thats the one.
      Also I believe that any acacia and mimosa tree will do
      good because they are legumes that fix nitrgen into
      the soil,and develop a deep root system quickly. I
      also live in No. Cal. near the foothills. One thing
      good about that is there is plenty of red clay to make
      seedballs with.--- Danny Wilson

      http://auctions.yahoo.com