Re: india

  • natural_wisdom2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      ---
      > hello
      > has got anyone addresses of farms in india which are using
      fukuoka's
      > method???? please send me on vikramashila_office@y...

      contact this person and he will connect you with other farms in
      kerala at least .
      K.V Dayal via shertala
      sreekovil muhamma P.o
      Alappuzha 681525
      phone number 047886 2489
      in bombay you can contact Dr Vijaya venkat
      A-51 occean gold
      twin tower lane
      Prabhadevi
      bombay 400025
      india
      phone 4221208
      thoses adresses are 7 years old but should still be right
      are you from India or planning to visit?
      jean-claude
    • keefekeeley
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18 7:49 PM
        hello,

        i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural farming.
        this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
        united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
        remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone in
        the group:

        1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
        india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.

        2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home to
        the usa and check out natural farming there?

        3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
        of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
        a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao tzu?
        any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
        further reading?

        thanks bundles,
        keefe
      • Hayu Dyah
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18 9:32 PM
          Hello Keefe,

          have you try to go to Subhash Palekar's farming. He lives in Maharashtra. He
          wrote books of Spiritual Farming.

          cheers,
          Hayu

          On 4/19/07, keefekeeley <keefekeeley@...> wrote:

          > hello,
          >
          > i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural farming.
          > this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
          > united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
          > remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone in
          > the group:
          >
          > 1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
          > india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.
          >
          > 2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home to
          > the usa and check out natural farming there?
          >
          > 3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
          > of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
          > a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao tzu?
          > any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
          > further reading?
          >
          > thanks bundles,
          > keefe

          When once passing through to the mountains, I saw rocks, some resting on
          their knees, some bending, some standing. I asked, "O hard-hearted monsters,
          what secret is there in your charm?" They answered in a silent voice, "That
          we do not assert ourselves." (Hazrat Inayat Khan)

        • sathya_2020 anand
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19 4:02 AM
            Hi keefe,
            Its good to hear that u visited INdia.. It will also be wonderfull if you can visit indigenous people in India like Karnataka, Tamil nadu etc tribal there follw this natural method of farming with much ease as a way of life.. it would be wonderful if you can visit a place on the eastern ghats in Vellore district.. we have just started to work here with these tribals.. it is wonderful place...
            Hope you shall have good time farming and learning about it.....

[...]

          • kher_agro
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25 5:45 AM
              Dear Keefe,

              You should read books by late Mr. S.A. Dabholkar. Plenty for all is
              one in english.
              you can get it from m/s Mehta publishing house,1216, Sadashiv Peth,
              Pune-411030. Phone 91 20 24476924. e-mail mehpubl@....
              Price is $23.95.
              There are few others we are working seriously towards developing
              sustainable living alternatives.

              Regards,

              Shrinivas
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "keefekeeley"
              <keefekeeley@...> wrote:

              > hello,
              >
              > i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural
              farming.
              > this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
              > united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
              > remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone
              in
              > the group:
              >
              > 1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
              > india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.
              >
              > 2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home
              > the usa and check out natural farming there?
              >
              > 3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
              > of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
              > a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao
              tzu?
              > any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
              > further reading?
              >
              > thanks bundles,
              > keefe

            • GRABDAB
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
                Hi Vikram,

                The Other India Press, Goa may have books/directors listing organic
                farms in India. Also, do a search for Organic India and there're a
                few very active Indian organic farming groups on yahoo.

                Div

                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "vikramashila_office"