india

  • vikramashila_office
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2003
      hello
      has got anyone addresses of farms in india which are using fukuoka's
      method???? please send me on vikramashila_office@...
    • natural_wisdom2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
        ---
        > hello
        > has got anyone addresses of farms in india which are using
        fukuoka's
        > method???? please send me on vikramashila_office@y...

        contact this person and he will connect you with other farms in
        kerala at least .
        K.V Dayal via shertala
        sreekovil muhamma P.o
        Alappuzha 681525
        phone number 047886 2489
        in bombay you can contact Dr Vijaya venkat
        A-51 occean gold
        twin tower lane
        Prabhadevi
        bombay 400025
        india
        phone 4221208
        thoses adresses are 7 years old but should still be right
        are you from India or planning to visit?
        jean-claude
      • keefekeeley
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
          hello,

          i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural farming.
          this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
          united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
          remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone in
          the group:

          1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
          india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.

          2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home to
          the usa and check out natural farming there?

          3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
          of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
          a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao tzu?
          any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
          further reading?

          thanks bundles,
          keefe
        • Hayu Dyah
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
            Hello Keefe,

            have you try to go to Subhash Palekar's farming. He lives in Maharashtra. He
            wrote books of Spiritual Farming.

            cheers,
            Hayu

            On 4/19/07, keefekeeley <keefekeeley@...> wrote:

            > hello,
            >
            > i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural farming.
            > this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
            > united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
            > remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone in
            > the group:
            >
            > 1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
            > india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.
            >
            > 2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home to
            > the usa and check out natural farming there?
            >
            > 3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
            > of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
            > a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao tzu?
            > any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
            > further reading?
            >
            > thanks bundles,
            > keefe

            When once passing through to the mountains, I saw rocks, some resting on
            their knees, some bending, some standing. I asked, "O hard-hearted monsters,
            what secret is there in your charm?" They answered in a silent voice, "That
            we do not assert ourselves." (Hazrat Inayat Khan)

          • sathya_2020 anand
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
              Hi keefe,
              Its good to hear that u visited INdia.. It will also be wonderfull if you can visit indigenous people in India like Karnataka, Tamil nadu etc tribal there follw this natural method of farming with much ease as a way of life.. it would be wonderful if you can visit a place on the eastern ghats in Vellore district.. we have just started to work here with these tribals.. it is wonderful place...
              Hope you shall have good time farming and learning about it.....

[...]

            • kher_agro
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 25, 2007
                Dear Keefe,

                You should read books by late Mr. S.A. Dabholkar. Plenty for all is
                one in english.
                you can get it from m/s Mehta publishing house,1216, Sadashiv Peth,
                Pune-411030. Phone 91 20 24476924. e-mail mehpubl@....
                Price is $23.95.
                There are few others we are working seriously towards developing
                sustainable living alternatives.

                Regards,

                Shrinivas
                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "keefekeeley"
                <keefekeeley@...> wrote:

                > hello,
                >
                > i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural
                farming.
                > this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
                > united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
                > remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone
                in
                > the group:
                >
                > 1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
                > india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.
                >
                > 2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home
                > the usa and check out natural farming there?
                >
                > 3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
                > of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
                > a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao
                tzu?
                > any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
                > further reading?
                >
                > thanks bundles,
                > keefe

              • GRABDAB
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
                  Hi Vikram,

                  The Other India Press, Goa may have books/directors listing organic
                  farms in India. Also, do a search for Organic India and there're a
                  few very active Indian organic farming groups on yahoo.

                  Div

                  --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "vikramashila_office"