manure

  • minifarms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2002
      GARDENS/MINI-FARMS NETWORK
      USA: TX, MS, FL, CA; Mexico, Rep. Dominicana, Côté d'Ivoire, Nigeria,
      Honduras, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Haiti
      Minifarms@... + minifarms.com
      Workshops in organic, no-till, permanent-bed agriculture: gardening,
      mini-farming, mini-ranching worldwide in English & Spanish
      Organization for subsistence farmers - Via Campesina <
      http://sdnhon.org.hn/miembros/via>

      Take all the manure you can get and do not worry about what animal it is
      from. There is not that much difference except rabbit which you can apply
      directly without composting. I have even applied directly, fresh cow manure
      and sawdust, on Blackland soil permanent beds and no problems [Narobi,
      Kenya]. I still do not recommend that.

      Take all the waste from grapes that you can get. I have not used it tho it is
      available here in Lubbock TX but transportation is a problem. I would use it
      for mulch if I had a crop to mulch.

      Ken Hargesheimer