Re: [fukuoka_farming] Adam

  • Adam Henne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2002
      --- nottyboy9 <nottyboy9@...> wrote:
      > My ol' buddy here is also named Adam, and he told me
      > one day about
      > the meaning of the name. It means "dirt". So I
      > find that you are
      > being more respectful toward that which you are
      > named after. Great
      > start! Peace

      a-ha, it's true. It's from the Hebrew, meaning "dirt"
      or "earth," but it's also the word for "man," as in
      any man or the Biblical first man. Tradition does
      tell us, after all, that man (human) was formed from
      the earth. At least in one language we can still be
      reminded of it. thanks, nottyboy.
      Adam

      http://auctions.yahoo.com