the spreading deserts(check Tom's site)

  • roberto pokachinni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2002
      Gloria, and other fukuoka-ers, I'm not familiar with
      the southern European desert spreading either, but I
      don't know of any desert that is receding at this
      point. My understanding of it is that the desert
      areas of Southern Europe used to be forested. Areas
      like Greece, Spain, Italy, all had forests, just as
      much of the Sahara was once savana, and forests, just
      like the Middle East. Have you checked out
      Seedballs.com? Jim Bones directed me from that site
      to this group. I just got off of Tom Elpel's web site
      (hollowtop.com), where I read his article titled
      something like "the american sahara" under his
      wildflowers, and weeds section, which tells of what
      his views are on desertification in the american west,
      and what can be done about it using cattle to
      revegetate sparsely vegetated arid formerly productive
      areas. I just thought I'd throw some hoofprints, and
      cow dung into the fray of seedballs. Pretty neat stuff.

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/