Re: worm cast... plus RCW

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2001
      On 2 Sep 01, roberto wrote:

      > Here in Southland, New Zealand, I am including a small amount of
      > dried, powdered vermicast (worm poo) in some of my batches of seed
      > balls. The vermicast adds a plasticity to the ball, making it less
      > likely to crumble or fracture when thrown. I believe there are other
      > benefits to using the castings also. It has been suggested that they
      > will contain beneficial micorrhiza as well. Is this well known to you
      > all anyway?

      Maybe lignin too... depends what the worms have been chewing? 8<)

      I'm still coming to terms with Professor Gilles Lemieux et al's «Ramial
      Chipped Wood» research at Laval University, Québec. See:
      http://forestgeomat.for.ulaval.ca/brf/ there are some English papers
      amongst the French.

      IMO a fascinating verification of what Masanobu Fukuoka has being
      telling us for years ie go with Nature's flow.

      Cheers... Rex