Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Shizen Noho - Natural Farming

  • Beatrice Gilboa
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
      jason wrote to Jamie:

      >> But Garrigue is better than sand desert of the middle east, i guess?, some way for you to be thankful, i guess?!

      Jason, middle east is not only sand desert, the third north of Israel is also a kind of garrigue even with higher pine trees in somespot.
      There are quite relatively natural rich valley.
      Liban is even greener I guess with there cedar tree (that you see on there flag).
      Only Jordan, saudi arabia are mostly desert land.
      Along the coast of Israel where I live, the 3 months of the winter are naturally quiet green and with many colors of nice diversity of flowers.
      Now all this green is burnt but among that we can see other plants much more resistant to the hot wether.
      Half south of the country is desert, but rocky dersert more than sand desert. It's certainly not the best place to cultivate,<BG> but yet I was amazed to see how many creatures are adapted to this severe environement.

      Best wishes to all of you
      Beatrice
      Udim, Israel