Re: Thought and Representation

  • animaphile
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2003
      A very good written point was made by Lew <Sethwai> in a previous
      post - see below.
      For example to understand the point about what is meant by the word
      nature in non-materialistic usage as compared to the use of the word
      nature to refer to the physical matter of living organisms.

      And also after my previous post by Kevin Gilbert about the meaning
      of the words of the Bible rather than the attachment to the
      repeating the saying of the words of the Bible.

      To understand what is meant by Shizen Nouhou Spontaneous Nature
      Farming Methods as compared to Farming Methods.

      To understand Wanna-be natural as compared to being natural 'any-
      things' - people, land, plants, animal foods...

      etc.

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "sethwai" <sethwai@y...>
      wrote:

      There's the story of a buddhist teacher who threw a book of
      Buddha's teachings into a fire to make a point to his student.

      ***They are the finger pointing at the moon not the moon itself.***

      I have come to see Fukuokas teachings in the same light. If we
      treat them as a series of techniques to be learned we have missed
      the boat. Maybe that is what Fukuoka is wary of.

      Lew

      with my emphasis added.

      Thanks Lew,
      Beauty everyone,