American Thieves AND Strawberry Records

  • AaronBrachfeld@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      As an American, I am not proud to say that it is a long-standing tradition to steal. Even Thomas Jefferson, while acting as secretary of state, stole rice varieties from Italy on a diplomatic mission there. I am not proud of it, but it has been what's made America's agriculture great. And, what will be the downfall of American agriculture. Thieves never prosper for long.

      And, by the way, the record (at least by 1980--a trifle outdated, but I know of no other) was over a PINT of strawberries per plant in a season.

      --Aaron Brachfeld
      Ft. Collins, Colorado