bucket drip irrigation

  • minifarms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2002
      For those of you who want or need to irrigate and do not have piped water,
      there is a solution. Richard Chapin, who installed the first drip system in
      the USA, wanted to make it useful to subsistence farmers in third world
      countries. He invented the bucket drip irrigation kit. It has 100 feet of
      drip line which can be installed as one line or two 50" or four 25' or six
      12½' lines. You take a five gallon plastic pail and cut a hole in the bottom
      and elevate it one meter. In the kit are what is necessary to connect it to
      the drip lines. Carry the water each AM and PM to the pail from whatever
      source. It works beautifully. Cost is $10 per kit plus postage. If you
      want more info, email <minifarms@...>. I do not sell them. Dick
      provides a sample for me to demonstrate in my ag workshops.
      Ken Hargesheimer